Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Tit Nesting Yet ?

Options
  • 08-04-2010 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Here we go again , has any one a Blue Tit nesting already in their area ?
    Has any one got a nest box with a camera ?, and if so has nesting started yet ?
    My nest box and camera are up and running for the second year (last year roosted over winter , birds cleaned out box in spring but did not nest) I have had visits and days of no activity over the last couple of months up today when I had 2 visits from Blue Tits , if only very quickly in and out .
    Can someone give my approx start finish BT nesting regime ?
    Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You can't put dates on this. It depends on weather, food supply etc.
    Theya re now checking out possible sights. Often several nests are started before the female selects the one to use. Have patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

A pigeon flew into my Dad's window the other day and lost a load of feathers. Shortly afterwards a pair of long tailed tits started collecting them up, obviously nest building somewhere nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I've got a bluetit roosting in the box now at night since the middle of the week. Not sure what the significance is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

By coincidence, I've just today noticed a blue tit popping into our nest box with a mouthful of nesting material.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TRNIALL

Bluetits are starting to nest here in Tallaght:)The Robbins that are nesting on the windowcill behind the Ivy have hatched the eggs since last week:D they are busy feeding at the moment:pplenty of mealworms out;) but the Starlings get most of them:mad: but the Robbins are doing o/k.The Frogspawn hatched on Paddys day and they are also developing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Seen a bluetit today gathering moss couldnt track it to its nest though.
    No mention on Mooney goes wild today of bluetits nesting for the nest cam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

p1010178g.th.jpg
    The nest box is up about 6 weeks and just yesterday morning I saw this little guy busy with some mossy nest building material!
    :)

Advertisement