Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SF Cllr arrested as part of investigation into recent paramilitary shootings

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

He said what he said :confused:
    You're new. OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    You're new. OK.
    I'm here longer than you sonny ;)

I'm here longer than you sonny ;)
    But you don't appear to know what's going on for some reason.

But you don't appear to know what's going on for some reason.
    Am I not allowed to take a post at face value or something?

Am I not allowed to take a post at face value or something?
    You are welcome to of course.
    Since, as you say, you have been here for a while, do you think all posts should be taken at face value?

You are welcome to of course.
    Since, as you say, you have been here for a while, do you think all posts should be taken at face value?
    I don't know about all posts, but when somebody says they hope the accused is not charged, I'm not automatically going to assume that he wants the exact opposite of that, because that's a bizarre attitude to take.

I don't know about all posts, but when somebody says they hope the accused is not charged, I'm not automatically going to assume that he wants the exact opposite of that, because that's a bizarre attitude to take.
    Why is it automatically bizarre in this case, when a poster who hates SF with a passion says he doesn't want them charged with anything? When could there possibly be a situation requiring more appreciation of context?!?!
    He might want there to be no crime and therefore nobody at all charged, but he certainly doesn't want SF not to be charged with something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Yes, I did, and it reads like he doesn't want the man charged. Why do you have a problem with this?

How can a man be charged if he is unconditionally released? I dont see whats so 'bizarre' about questioning that. Maybe read the thread?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

golfball37 wrote: »
    For a mod to start this thread and comment with the assumption of guilt is wrong. He or she should at least acknowledge being wrong if they are not going to apologise?
    Not just a mod, but a mod who openly admits to working on Fianna Fáil election campaigns.

Nothing biased here, no sirree.

MOD REMINDER: The OP is not a mod of Politics. When they post in Politics, they post as a regular member, not a mod. Regardless of your political position, I would strongly recommend that you understand this, and not use it in your future arguments, for it falls towards the bottom of our discussion standards in Politics.

• Advertisement
Advertisement