Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

I'm only 21 weeks and I've had the same pain, crippled at times, couldn't get into my car the other day and couldn't take my socks off. The gp said it was just something to do with the muscles not to worry. It's unreal painful at times And I'm only 21 weeks 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

hawii50 wrote: »
    Thats great you are doing well Heldel, ive definitely started to show in the last week or two, I can see people looking at me funny now, its very strange!!! My movement is pretty similar to that some days its quite active and other days non existent, i had reflexology done on Wednesday and the baby was moving like crazy. The Therapist said she has a lot of expectant Mums in who are worried about their babies lack of movement and as soon as she starts the baby is doing somersaults! when is your due date Heldel? Are you hoping to work right up till the end?

I'm so sorry Hawii50 I'm only replying now. I'm a primary school teacher so am extremely lucky to be off for the next few weeks. Can only imagine how tough work gets though? I find I am completely slowed up. Haven't been doing enough exercise tbh and I know I will find September hard at school because it is a mental month and I expect I'll have completely seized up by then!

On a side note I had very bad acne in the months before I got pregnant and it has just gone into complete overdrive! All along my jaw, on my chest, all over my back and shoulders. Even down onto the tops of my arms. Not actually spots but sore, angry boils. Very hard to sleep because I am conscious that I shouldn't be lying on my back and then it's too sore to lie sideways because of acne on my arms.

Very annoying. Gets me down. But if that is the height of my pregnancy problems I'll have been very, very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Cruais as said above thats PGP and physio and different ways of moving help it. I really wonder about some gps, I know just from your description that its PGP, yet a gp says its normal and makes no suggestions? After my pregnancy experience with medical professionals I'm going to get second opinions forever.

Had physio on friday and she confirmed it was pgp.

I have to say the difference I feel as a result is great. Still twingy but I can walk straighter and turn in bed much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

Hi ladies,

Little update on my little man, he is doing ok, had a few problems last week so we have been moved to temple st. But our little champion is doing ok, dropping his little heart and breathing rates from time to time which apparently is common with premature babies, got a little clot which they couldn't treat in limerick so our little dude had his first roadtrip to Dublin. I'm expressing around the clock, he is taking very small amounts of milk so have a huge volume frozen for him. But he is tolerating the milk well, he has loads of dirty nappies!

Hope ye are all doing well ladies and enjoying the third trimester x

Great to hear from you Orlyice and that your little fella doing well. I'm sure the dirty nappies are a good sign!
    I was at the ed sheeran concert last night and did a huge amount of walking. Had a horrible pressure feeling on the way home. Could barely sit on the seat of the car. Grand today though but at the time I really thought baby could make an appearance!
    Hope everyone keeping well. At least we are not killed with too much summer heat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭nono2012

Orlyice, that's Gud news about your little man. Thank god they are looking after him so well... Onwards and upwards from here xx

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

Is it October yet?!!!!

Just another 11 weeks before I get to meet my little girl. I'm so excited already!

Baby girl clothes are so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

orlyice wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Little update on my little man, he is doing ok, had a few problems last week so we have been moved to temple st. But our little champion is doing ok, dropping his little heart and breathing rates from time to time which apparently is common with premature babies, got a little clot which they couldn't treat in limerick so our little dude had his first roadtrip to Dublin. I'm expressing around the clock, he is taking very small amounts of milk so have a huge volume frozen for him. But he is tolerating the milk well, he has loads of dirty nappies!

Great to hear how you're both doing , best wishes & hope he keeps improving. Taking the milk is a great sign.

Hi ladies,

Fantastic news! Delighted to hear he is taking milk etc as thats a good sign.

Just to let you know ladies, the dreaded gastro bug is making its rounds.

We were out for dinner last night and when we got home I felt awful. Have been up all night vomitting, amongst other things (wont go tmi) and tummy making loud gurgling noises.

I thought it was food poisoning so rang holles st gor advice if i could take anything etc but they said that its more than likely gastro as for the past 2 weeks they have had girls calling with the same symptoms.

I know theres nothing that can be done to stop getting it but just to make you aware so you can up the hand washing etc As its not a nice thing to have especially when pregnant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Hi ladies,

So glad to hear that he's doing so well - little fighter! And well done on you for expressing. :)

• Advertisement

hey ladies, How is everyone doing these days? Orlyice how is your little man doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

31+5 here. All going well, with little girl. She seems comfy. Her movements have changed from short jabs to masses of baby moving around left to right. When she kicks hard, it moves my entire belly. It's funny to watch!

All good, except for sleep and heartburn. I'm carrying around a bottle of gaviscon with me everywhere I go. I can get 5 hours max sleep in a go. Most nights I'm wide awake at around 4 am for an hour or two. I'm expecting the sleep to get worse over the next few weeks.

I was sick last week with a head cold. It's frustrating when you can't take anything other than paracetamol and strepsils and have to sit through it, waiting for it to run its course.

I went to a breastfeeding class last week. It was good to hear the conversation and tips. I've no idea how it's gonna go til I give it a shot in October... so it's hard to know if I learned anything. I'm hoping breastfeeding will go smoothly. I will be awfully disappointed if it doesn't work out.

We went for a 3d4d scan in Bray. It was a weird experience. We got loads of pictures and a few videos to show little girl when she gets older.
    There's one picture in particular in which she's smiling which I will treasure forever. It's not nice to think about, but having had a miscarriage last year, I am more inclined to think about it... if something goes wrong in the next few weeks, then at least I know she smiled at least once.

I'd love to hear how everyone else is getting on.

God Entropy I could buy shares in Gaviscon at this stage. Bottles of it everywhere. Had to put the husband up at 3:30 one morning to go to 24hour shop to get me some a few weeks ago!!
    Overall though I'm feeling well. Have my 32 week scan next Tuesday so really looking forward to that. Haven't had one since 10 weeks so very excited. Hope everyone else feeling well x

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Hi ladies, just popping in from the Feb thread. I had awful heartburn on my last pregnancy. I was putting away a bottle of gaviscon a day..drinking it straight from the bottle mostly! I told my consultant around 30 weeks and she put me on ranitidine. One tablet a day and I had no more heartburn. It was a miracle. Very safe in pregnancy and works a treat

EDD 10th October and I'm after booking tickets there for Van Morisson on 20th Nov. Am I being stupidly optimistic?!!!

Edited to add: we are very keen to stay away for the night and let Granny mind the babe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

heldel00 wrote: »
    EDD 10th October and I'm after booking tickets there for Van Morisson on 20th Nov. Am I being stupidly optimistic?!!!

Edited to add: we are very keen to stay away for the night and let Granny mind the babe!

You won't know until the baby is born tbh. I totally would've agreed in principle, I told a friend to visit from America 10days before my due date...at which time she met my 12 day old baby. Are you planning on breastfeeding? If so overnight away from a 4-6 week old might not be a great plan, as they feed constantly or every 2-3 hrs and pumping/expressing is a faff and you'd still have to express while away for comfort. If you're formula feeding there shouldn't be any problem from that side, it all depends then on your recovery.

If my baby had been born on his edd or overdue I wouldn't have been allowed to go due to my ongoing blood pressures issues, but if you're like the woman I met a few days ago out and about with her 3 day old in a sling it would be a doddle! Although she's breastfeeding so wouldn't be able to from that aspect.

I'd say hold onto tickets and decide as late as you can!

You won't know until the baby is born tbh. I totally would've agreed in principle, I told a friend to visit from America 10days before my due date...at which time she met my 12 day old baby. Are you planning on breastfeeding? If so overnight away from a 4-6 week old might not be a great plan, as they feed constantly or every 2-3 hrs and pumping/expressing is a faff and you'd still have to express while away for comfort. If you're formula feeding there shouldn't be any problem from that side, it all depends then on your recovery.

If my baby had been born on his edd or overdue I wouldn't have been allowed to go due to my ongoing blood pressures issues, but if you're like the woman I met a few days ago out and about with her 3 day old in a sling it would be a doddle! Although she's breastfeeding so wouldn't be able to from that aspect.

I'd say hold onto tickets and decide as late as you can!

No I'll be on medication after giving birth that means I won't be able to breastfeed so it'll be bottles all the way here.
    Ah sure I'll see closer to the date. The man in the shop said he'll take them back if needs be because he'll have plenty looking for them. Would be nice to have something to look forward to but as you said we'll decide as late as we can.

How is everyone doing? Getting closer to october.. so exciting!

Hi Cruais. Time really is slipping by for us isn't it?!
    All good here with me. Not sleeping because of hip pains but apart from that... Oh heartburn too. Nearly forgot about the effing heartburn! It's my birthday tomorrow and husband wanted to bring me out for dinner but it would honestly be wasted on me at the min. (Someone mentioned a once-a-day tab that I must mention to GP)
    32 week scan on Tuesday and I am very excited. Haven't seen baby since scan at 12 weeks. Although he/she keeps letting me know they're there with all the belts in the side I'm gettin!

HI Ladies :) how are ye, can ye believe we are getting closer and closer to meeting our little ones :) we had our 31 week scan the other day and everything is perfect. The lady that read our scan was sooo nice and excited and helpful. It really was the scan we were waiting for. how is everyone else doing?

• Advertisement

Glad to hear everyone is doing good. Apart from the heartburn and the horrible sore pelvic girdle pain, i am doing alright aswell.

Im on the count down to finishing work. It cant come quick enough.

Am thinking up a list of names too.

O lovely cruais, do you know what you are having? I am the same as you, ready to call it a day with work, my hands and legs are swollen so I have had enough (haha what am I like with another 8 weeks to go)

nono2012 wrote: »
    O lovely cruais, do you know what you are having? I am the same as you, ready to call it a day with work, my hands and legs are swollen so I have had enough (haha what am I like with another 8 weeks to go)

No dont know what we are having... my gut feeling since day one has been a boy but over the last couple of weeks ive changed to a girl... you kjow yourself though, once the baby is healthy, you don't care.

Swollen legs hands and feet, dont talk to me! Tree trunks, and how they burn... just think of the end result :)

Oh the joys of it, but it will all be worth it in a few weeks. Thank God we didn't get the scorching summer we were promised, imagine having that to contend with as well.. No thanks :P

nono2012 wrote: »
    Oh the joys of it, but it will all be worth it in a few weeks. Thank God we didn't get the scorching summer we were promised, imagine having that to contend with as well.. No thanks :P

i know! I was practicallt doing a rain dance lol

Yeah weather actually suited us perfect. Really struggled last Thursday when it was a scorcher. Find it hard enough to have nice ordinary maternity outfits never mind summery clothes!

32 week scan today. I'm actually 31+4 so was a bit ahead of myself. EDD is now 16th oct as opposed to 10th.
    Baby is breech at the minute but not a concern until 36weeks apparently. Head is up under my left ribs and toes are down tickling my bladder on right hand side so hopefully he/she will turn.
    Radiographer asked did we want to know what we were having but we've made it this far without knowing so we'll wait for the surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hawii50

Hi all
    Great to hear you are all doing well and the scans have all been positive. Its getting so close for all of us now, Im like a lot of you, counting down the days until I finish work. When are you all hoping to get finished up? I know once I finish I will be bored though so have to be careful what I wish for!! I feel good this weather, I was suffering with a lot of Pelvic girdle pain in the last few months but it has eased in the last few weeks with physio so that is a big relief. I think my appetite has definitely increased in the last week or two, has that happened anyone else?? I think it might coincidentally have happened when the Great British Bake Off started back!!!! I have a breech babs here too Heldel, I also have placenta previa which means the exit is blocked for baby to get out. I was with the Doc on Friday and he said if it hasnt moved by 34 week (next week) it wont move! needless to say its going to be along week!

Fingers crossed for you hawaii50. It will be a long week for sure. Im facing a long wait also.

Im doing the combined care so had my gp appointment this morning. She found protein and lukozytes in urine sample and my bp reading was very high,along with my huge feet and swollen hands.. all signs pointing to pre-eclampsia. So my sample has been sent to the lab and I have to wait until Monday for the results... dreading it.

I was given a good tip the other day... handy for ftm not much in the know. I was told to freeze some dinners for when the baby is born to make things a little easier. Today i was in M&S and they had a lot of dinners, veg and side dishes reduced. Apparently they do this when they are close to date, but they are all suitable for freezing,so i stocked up.

Example, their 3 for €10 dinners were reduced to €1.19 each. Will head back again next week and stock up. Just for handiness sake.

Also, argos and boots have a baby sale on. I got my steriliser reduced from €90 to €45 in argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 hawii50

Great tips Cruais, thanks for those, ill definitely be checking those out at the weekend.
    Im sorry to hear you possibly have pre-eclampsie. How are you feeling? I hope the weekend dosnt drag in for you. I will have my fingers crossed for you too. If it is positive though you and baby will be looked after really well so at least you know you will be getting the best care.

Advertisement