Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving job after maternity leave

Options
  • 21-07-2015 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

Similar but different question to another thread today so starting a new one.

If I go on maternity leave, paid (topped up by work - private sector), then unpaid leave, then annual leave, and then give notice to leave my job (ie don't go back), could I be asked to repay my maternity leave pay?

I've read my contract and HR policy and see nothing about this. Alternatively could I be asked to repay the state part of the maternity pay?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Hi all

If I go on maternity leave, paid (topped up by work - private sector), then unpaid leave, then annual leave, and then give notice to leave my job (ie don't go back), could I be asked to repay my maternity leave pay?

I've read my contract and HR policy and see nothing about this. Alternatively could I be asked to repay the state part of the maternity pay?

Thanks

Nope, if it's not in your policy documents then you are entitled to give notice. However, you'll have to "work" your notice so you should think about giving notice while on unpaid leave and getting your holidays then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi all

Thanks

Check your contract too just in case ;)

I state part of your maternity pay is based on your prsi so you are entitled to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all

Thanks
    hi I'm self employed and was advised by the dept of social protection that if I didn't return to work after maternity leave, that I would have to repay my state benefit!
    I had no intention to not return to work and clearly stated that to the guy I spoke to, his answer " in our experience most self employed women close down their business after having babies" such crap I never heard before, it's all about revenue folks

Advertisement