Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre Pressure Gauge

Options
  • 12-06-2013 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

I have a tyre pressure gauge like this that decided not to work anymore this morning. I've had it 15 or more years so prob not 100% accurate either!

Anyways should I stick with the same or can someone recommend a decent one. Want a good quality one that is accurate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's the Halfords one yeah?
    I just use one I got from somewhere free when I bought something else. Not sure about accuracy (I usually have 32 all around but it can be off by one or two psi) - as long as all 4 tyres have same pressure according to it I'm happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

biko wrote: »
    It's the Halfords one yeah?
    I just use one I got from somewhere free when I bought something else. Not sure about accuracy (I usually have 32 all around but it can be off by one or two psi) - as long as all 4 tyres have same pressure according to it I'm happy.

You should also take load capacity into account,the weight of the engine at the front would require less pressure in the front tyres compared to the back to prevent blowouts.But at 32 the shouldn't be a problem.
    My tyres at the moment have a psi range of about 32-38 but I find anything less than 34 leaves them a little flat and sluggish,so 35 in the front and 37 in the back.Saves a bit on fuel also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

I would have got mine in my local motor factors. Halfords weren't in Ireland when I got it! Like you say if the pressures are all the same I should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Aldi have digital ones from time to time...

Advertisement