Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Adding led lights to inside of door

Options
  • 01-09-2015 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of adding some led lights to the bottom of the inside of the door cards, can I run a wire to power these from the speakers? is there any wee kits for doing this? tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

canhefixit wrote: »
    [...] can I run a wire to power these from the speakers? [...]

Yes, you can. They will blink along with the music though - not sure if that's what you want to achieve. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

joujoujou wrote: »
    Yes, you can. They will blink along with the music though - not sure if that's what you want to achieve. :p

Dont be silly, do you believe power is supplied to the speakers in time with the music ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭kirving

beerbaron wrote: »
    Dont be silly, do you believe power is supplied to the speakers in time with the music ?

Eh, that's exactly what happens.

Unregistered Users

beerbaron wrote: »
    360979.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭canhefixit

ok so were would be best to take a power source from then?

I would want them to just stay on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

The fuse box?

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    The fuse box?

was hoping for somewhere maybe a bit handier like maybe the radio if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭granturismo

ok so were would be best to take a power source from then?

How about this piggy back fuse.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-Add-A-Circuit-Fuse-Tap-Piggy-Back-MINI-Blade-Fuse-Holder-ATM-APM-12v-24v-volt-/180735824927

I bought them before, not sure if it was this seller and they work perfectly for a wireless trailer camera and also dash cam.

How about this piggy back fuse.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-Add-A-Circuit-Fuse-Tap-Piggy-Back-MINI-Blade-Fuse-Holder-ATM-APM-12v-24v-volt-/180735824927

I bought them before, not sure if it was this seller and they work perfectly for a wireless trailer camera and also dash cam.

cheers shall have a look at that

Unregistered Users

[...]

Permanently?

==========

When I made footwell lights in my car, took + from a fusebox and - from a door switch. Door open = lights on. Door closed = lights off.

• Advertisement

joujoujou wrote: »
    Permanently?

==========

When I made footwell lights in my car, took + from a fusebox and - from a door switch. Door open = lights on. Door closed = lights off.

Yeah to stay on all the time, be nice to be alble to turn them off as and when and have came across little switches to do it just got to work on the power source, will look into the set up you are talking about cheers

Advertisement