Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of contract - what android to go for?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭RonnieL

rickyjb wrote: »
    Except the phone is €160 online with the fatcheese discount;)

Oh yeah, I forgot that part. Still, that should apply to both so it doesn't impact my decision one way or the other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I'm holding off for the Note 3.
    Only 6 days now to wait!
    .5.7" full hd screen
    .3gb ram
    .32gb internal memory
    .13mp camera
    .3700mah battery
    .uhd video recording
    . quad core 1.7ghz processor
    . extra s pen features.
    What's not to like? They have also reverted back to the Classic corners of the S2 which I much prefer.
    And the rumours are that we won't have to wait the usual month for release after the unveiling and that it will be generally dispatched the following week.

I'm holding off for the Note 3.
    Only 6 days now to wait!
    .5.7" full hd screen
    .3gb ram
    .32gb internal memory
    .13mp camera
    .3700mah battery
    .uhd video recording
    . quad core 1.7ghz processor
    . extra s pen features.
    What's not to like? They have also reverted back to the Classic corners of the S2 which I much prefer.
    And the rumours are that we won't have to wait the usual month for release after the unveiling and that it will be generally dispatched the following week.

Just too big for me. It does sound like the business spec wise though. How much you expecting to shell out for it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

RonnieL wrote: »
    Just too big for me. It does sound like the business spec wise though. How much you expecting to shell out for it?
    Well I'm out of contract since the start of June with Three and they literally ring me on a daily basis to upgrade so i told them they were annoying me and I wanted to cancel because I was waiting for the Note 3 ;-) so they gave me 2 months free until it's released. :-)
    I'm hoping to pay roughly €129 on the €40.66 a month plan for 24 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Best HTC one deal I've seen...just sorry I had already signed upto 3 before seeing this :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056991801

• Advertisement

Just to close the loop on this - I went for the S4 with meteor. It's fine. No real change from the S3 for me really. Maybe this time next year I'll be more adventureous.

The deciding factor really was the HTC they were offering me only had 16GB capacity and no SD slot.

One very annoying point about the S4 - they've removed the FM tuner, which I thought was a great feature. Oh well.

Advertisement