Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nexus 7 auto rotate not working after update to 4.3

Options
  • 26-08-2013 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have this problem and got it fixed? My nexus is less than a year old and has hardly any apps on it but was getting slower and slower, I upgraded to 4.3 last week, it is snappier now but the auto rotate does not work at all, stuck in portrait no matter what, tried factory reset, no joy, downloaded ultimate rotation control app, it will force it it to landscape but will not auto rotate.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

sligoface wrote: »
    Anyone else have this problem and got it fixed? My nexus is less than a year old and has hardly any apps on it but was getting slower and slower, I upgraded to 4.3 last week, it is snappier now but the auto rotate does not work at all, stuck in portrait no matter what, tried factory reset, no joy, downloaded ultimate rotation control app, it will force it it to landscape but will not auto rotate.

Have you looked in the settings (think it's under display) for rotation settings?

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

yoyo wrote: »
    Have you looked in the settings (think it's under display) for rotation settings?

Nick

yes, but there is no option for rotation in settings>display, just wallpaper, brightness, sleep, daydream, font size. If you drag down the upper right hand corner where the clock and battery meter is you get the option of either auto rotate or rotation lock but auto rotate dos not work when selected. Apparently a number of people have reported the same problem but of course I didn't know that until it happened to mine and I googled it. So annoying, it just stays stuck in portrait.
    There is also a setting in accessibility for auto-rotate screen, box is checked, but screen does not rotate. So basically i have it set to auto-rotate but it just refuses to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Did you try rebooting the device that usually fixes it for me when that happens.

Did you try rebooting the device that usually fixes it for me when that happens.

Yes, several times, no joy. And i never once had this problem before i updated to 4.3, if anything it used to rotate to easily before.

I recommend wiping the device and flashing a factory image.

• Advertisement

I recommend wiping the device and flashing a factory image.

Wiped it twice, no effect. I found an app called screen rotation control that i can use to force it to landscape or back to portrait, it also has an auto setting but it won't work when selected. The jelly bean update seems to have disabled the sensors or something. Hopefully will be fixed in the next update.

sligoface wrote: »
    Wiped it twice, no effect. I found an app called screen rotation control that i can use to force it to landscape or back to portrait, it also has an auto setting but it won't work when selected. The jelly bean update seems to have disabled the sensors or something. Hopefully will be fixed in the next update.

Wipe + flash factory image important part.

Wipe + flash factory image important part.

sorry, dunno what that is or how to, but i'll google it. thanks!

Advertisement