Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy s3 problem - wont connect

Options
  • 30-08-2013 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi, Im just wondering can anyone help me.
    I bought a second hand phone on adverts two days ago. Samsung galaxy s3 that was unlocked. It worked fine for the first day with my three network. Now it wont connect to the network. It keeps coming up not registered on network when i try to make call.
    I rang the three network and they wont tell me anything but to get the person i bought it off to ring them up and give their details. But the person i got it off hasnt got back to me.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

robbie.dub wrote: »
    Hi, Im just wondering can anyone help me.
    I bought a second hand phone on adverts two days ago. Samsung galaxy s3 that was unlocked. It worked fine for the first day with my three network. Now it wont connect to the network. It keeps coming up not registered on network when i try to make call.
    I rang the three network and they wont tell me anything but to get the person i bought it off to ring them up and give their details. But the person i got it off hasnt got back to me.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Looks bad I'm afraid.....

IMEI blacklisted by Network, I'd say.....

And the seller has gone all silent???

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭robbie.dub

Hey, thanks for reply.

Can you tell us why a phone would be blacklisted by network. Does that mean blacklisted on all networks?

Also can i check the imei myself, as my network wont tell me anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Hey, thanks for reply.

Can you tell us why a phone would be blacklisted by network. Does that mean blacklisted on all networks?

Also can i check the imei myself, as my network wont tell me anything?

Usually reported stolen, they then claim insurance on the phone and the network blocks it on all Irish networks.

Any idea is there a website i could go to and enter the imei number to see if its blocked and why?

Hey just an update.

After checking the imei number myself on checkmend.com it says that the imei has been reported lost or stolen to at least one network.

So i have tried a meteor sim, and it seems to be ok.

Can anyone tell me why this is?

and will i be able to continue using a meteor sim card or will they eventually cut me off?

• Advertisement

Hey just an update.

After checking the imei number myself on checkmend.com it says that the imei has been reported lost or stolen to at least one network.

So i have tried a meteor sim, and it seems to be ok.

Can anyone tell me why this is?

and will i be able to continue using a meteor sim card or will they eventually cut me off?

your three SIM worked for a day also.....or am I mistaken??

I would look fro a refund from the seller personally...

Blocked IMEI indicates either lost or stolen...it ain't lost???

Meteor provide data regarding Blocked IMEI, so I guess they also act on IMEI reports....
    http://www.imei.info/blacklistexample/

Here is the list of carriers that provide us GSM data:

snip...snip........

Hutchison 3G Ireland limited Ireland
    Hutchison 3G UK Ltd United Kingdom
    ICE Costa Rica Costa Rica
    ICE Costa Rica Test Costa Rica
    IMEI DB Helpdesk India
    Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd, Mumbai India
    Meteor Mobile Telecommunications Limited Ireland
    Meteor TEST ACCOUNT Ireland
    Millicom Ghana Limited Ghana
    Mobistar S.A. Belgium

Hey,
    Yeh Ive tried getting through to the supplier, he wont answer any of my calls of msg's. I had a chat with one of the girls that works in one of the three shops, and explained the situation. She has told me that the person I bought it from more than likely sold it to me, reported it lost or stolen, and is now going to claim of the Insurance.

She gave me the Insurance number to call and tell them the situation. She said to go to the gards and report it, but theres a good chance they'l take the phone from me. I have a few mates that are gards, so Im going to have a chat with them and see what they recommend.

Its a horrible situation, nothing worse than getting ripped off.

The main thing Im pissed off about is that this user is still allowed to continue selling on adverts.ie

And he has another phone up for sale at the moment, and I cant warn other buyers not to buy. jason maron is his user name by the way, so do not buy anything from him.

Anyway thanks for the replys. If anyone has other recommendations please let me know.

Thanks

Hey,
    Yeh Ive tried getting through to the supplier, he wont answer any of my calls of msg's. I had a chat with one of the girls that works in one of the three shops, and explained the situation. She has told me that the person I bought it from more than likely sold it to me, reported it lost or stolen, and is now going to claim of the Insurance.

She gave me the Insurance number to call and tell them the situation. She said to go to the gards and report it, but theres a good chance they'l take the phone from me. I have a few mates that are gards, so Im going to have a chat with them and see what they recommend.

Its a horrible situation, nothing worse than getting ripped off.

The main thing Im pissed off about is that this user is still allowed to continue selling on adverts.ie

And he has another phone up for sale at the moment, and I cant warn other buyers not to buy. jason maron is his user name by the way, so do not buy anything from him.

Anyway thanks for the replys. If anyone has other recommendations please let me know.

Thanks

I'm really sorry to hear this...

it is desperate that someone can be ripped off so easily in this country.

I will link to the seller you have named, fair play to you, mods have not removed it.....

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_jason+maron/

These are what this user is presently advertising on ads......

caveat emptor

You should also get in touch with the Admin team on ads.ie.....

report this guy and what happened to you....

I cannot believe that the Admin there would want anything to do with anyone doing this kinda stuff.....

link: http://www.adverts.ie/help/report-ad-user

and do pursue this through legal means open to you, like the small claims court......

see the procedure below, linked...

http://www.courts.ie/courts.ie/library3.nsf/pagecurrentweblookuptopnav/small%20claims%20procedure

you should do this

Best of luck, and I do hope you get some justice.....

adverts.ie should stand behind you here, and if they don't, people should be very wary of using this service.

You can also comment here:

http://www.adverts.ie/member/868768

I would not be shy!!!

Some ppl think this seller is a gentleman???

I see the bould jason has added me to his blacklist on ads.......

despite the fact that he directed a comment to me:
    @irishpancake: why is it that people with brand new pages are getting in on this hate campagne when it is clearly un called for as I have done nothing wrong as I did bot sell the user of the site in question the phone

Well jason, can you answer why you commented on robbie.dub regarding a sale 4 days ago??

http://www.adverts.ie/member/215240

121zmup.jpg

If you didn't sell to him, what was that comment from you about??

And this, from the S3 Sale thread:

http://www.adverts.ie/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s3/3671504

2vact37.jpg

So, jason, you know what this is about, you need to make it right for the guy....

Hey.
    Thanks for the comments "irishpancake". I seen his reply on adverts, unbelievable that he's denying it.

Just to show you the phone I purchased - the add i bought was http://www.adverts.ie/3671504

Have spoken to my mate who's a guard, so Im going to pursue this.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

That's a bad situation. Dude should be banned from adverts.ie without a doubt.

tallus wrote: »
    That's a bad situation. Dude should be banned from adverts.ie without a doubt.

You are right, but all adverts does is ban me from commenting in a thread, like here:
    Dear irishpancake,

Unfortunately the comment you submitted on Adverts.ie, "samsung galaxy s3 mini" has been removed.

Some reasons for comment removal include:

-Breach of our rules
    -Publishing contact details
    -Use of bad language

Some say adverts.ie is better than eBay, but I dont know??

can you raise a dispute, can you avail of any dispute resolution mechanism??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

You are right, but all adverts does is ban me from commenting in a thread, like here:

Some say adverts.ie is better than eBay, but I dont know??

can you raise a dispute, can you avail of any dispute resolution mechanism??

I used to moderate the mobiles for sale section. I stepped down as a moderator when daft.ie bought in to adverts.ie. it was no longer a community run venture, and they changed too many rules for my liking.

tallus wrote: »
    I used to moderate the mobiles for sale section. I stepped down as a moderator when daft.ie bought in to adverts.ie. it was no longer a community run venture, and they changed too many rules for my liking.

Fair play to you....you did the right thing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nor40

guys ive just recieved this pm from adverts.ie

You have been in contact with a banned user
    Dear noreenbawnma,

At Adverts.ie, we noticed that you have been in contact with the advertiser called jason maron.

We have reason to believe that one or more of this user's adverts may be fraudulent, and the advertiser may not be who they purport to be. The ad has now been removed from our website and the advertiser has been banned. There is no need for you to forward to us any emails you receive from them but do not respond to them either.

It is best to cease all communication with potential scam artists like this immediately if you become suspicious and, if you can, add them to your blocked senders/junk list.

Please DO NOT SEND MONEY BY WESTERN UNION OR MONEYBOOKERS. It is not safe.

You can click on the link below for more information regarding such scams:

http://www.adverts.ie/help/safe-online-trading />

If there is anything else we can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you wish to contact us about this issue, please refer to user ID 868768.

Thanks,

The Adverts.ie Team

http://www.adverts

the add that the user Jason Maron had up was as follows
    " all cars wanted nct no nct tax no tax"

I have a car here for sale and i asked Jason Maron if he was intrested just goes to show you dont know who you are dealing with online i am glad that he has been banned but hopefully the same user wont set up another profile with a different name

I am sorry about what has happend to you robbie.dub i do hope that Jason Maron gets caught for what he has done ok

nor40 wrote: »
    guys ive just recieved this pm from adverts.ie

You have been in contact with a banned user
    Dear noreenbawnma,

At Adverts.ie, we noticed that you have been in contact with the advertiser called jason maron.

We have reason to believe that one or more of this user's adverts may be fraudulent, and the advertiser may not be who they purport to be. The ad has now been removed from our website and the advertiser has been banned. There is no need for you to forward to us any emails you receive from them but do not respond to them either.

It is best to cease all communication with potential scam artists like this immediately if you become suspicious and, if you can, add them to your blocked senders/junk list.

Please DO NOT SEND MONEY BY WESTERN UNION OR MONEYBOOKERS. It is not safe.

You can click on the link below for more information regarding such scams:

http://www.adverts.ie/help/safe-online-trading />

If there is anything else we can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you wish to contact us about this issue, please refer to user ID 868768.

Thanks,

The Adverts.ie Team

http://www.adverts

the add that the user Jason Maron had up was as follows
    " all cars wanted nct no nct tax no tax"

I have a car here for sale and i asked Jason Maron if he was intrested just goes to show you dont know who you are dealing with online i am glad that he has been banned but hopefully the same user wont set up another profile with a different name

I am sorry about what has happend to you robbie.dub i do hope that Jason Maron gets caught for what he has done ok

Result!!!!

There is a God.....

robbie, I too hope this is not too late for you, but it is a worthwhile result nonetheless, and somebody out there, in adverts, was listening.

Thanks be to God.

*****Jason, if you are reading this, don't ever try to interfere with my eBay account again, cos I know what you tried, and I am on to you buddy...

go make an honest living somewhere, and go to your Holy Man, or Priest, or Confession, and ask for forgiveness.

You need to do this to become an honest person.*****

Advertisement