Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One case recommendations?

• 20-06-2013 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭

I'm looking around online for a decent case for my htc one.

I got the HTC 'double dip flip' case as it was the only one available in the Carphone Warehouse. It's pretty bad quality though. it's fallen apart and is also marking the edges of my HTC One!!

I'm looking for something that doesn't compromise the very slim form and cool design of the phone.

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I saw a good one from speck the same guys who do the clear cases for Macbook Pro etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I got an otterbox commuter case and think it was well worth the money !!! So sturdy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭srfc d16

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I got an otterbox commuter case and think it was well worth the money !!! So sturdy.

I went for the same one and I'm happy with the decision

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I have the two htc ones and the otterbox.
    I really like the double dip flip one, it's the best looking imo and I've had no issues yet.

The otterbox is a bit bulky but very secure, that is what I use at the weekends on the booze :)

The double dip one is pretty good, but I think it cheapens the phone a bit and stuff can get between it and the phone and mark it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Just got a HTC One today and am looking for a case so thought I would bump this thread to see if there is anything others recommend.

Ive looked at the one wardie101 recommended above and didnt see any alternate colours :(

Is anyone using this Otterbox or anything else that I should consider?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Otterbox-Commuter-Case-HTC-One/dp/B00BMKFR9G/ref=pd_cp_ce_0

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I have the two HTC ones and a casemate tough case.

The HTC flip case is great for travelling, the rubber edges have worn though but it's no biggie. The double dip is creaky and I noticed this morning it is also starting to wear a little on the corners but it's a nice case otherwise. I have read about the marking it can cause however.

The casemate is my favourite of the lot - I tend to buy them for every phone I get as they are a very good fit and quality. It is bulky and definitely ruins the look and feel of the One however but the protection offered is excellent.

Another option might be a casemate barely there but this leaves the tip and bottom exposed. From experience however these are usually the nicest to use with any handset I have had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

wardie101 wrote: »

^ ^ Using the same, excellent case and hardly adds anything to size of phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have the otterbox and have to say it does a great job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I got this one off eBay for dirt cheap. Fast delivery as well coz its coming from Cork. Saw someone mention it in the main HTC One thread.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230988863756

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I've a Speck Candyshell Grip in white. Saved me from a serious problem when I was walking the dog and she knocked it out of my hand. Went up in the air and took at 6 foot drop right on the corner. minor chip to the case. phone in one piece.

Advertisement