Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LowestQuote.ie car insurance

Options
  • 12-06-2014 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I got my car insurance renewal today from 123.ie and it was up over €250 from last year. I saw an ad for lowestquote.ie so I decided to try them. They found a quote for €200 less which made me a happy man.

They seem to work it differently to anywhere else. If you already have a quote they try and find a lower quote for you for the same cover. They charged a % of the saving they found but they told me at the start that if they didn't find me a saving there wouldn't be any fee.

Considering how much premiums are currently increasing they are worth a try as it won't cost you anything!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Did you ring 123.ie or any other company to see if you could get a lower quote? A large number of insurance companies send out inflated renewal quotes because a significant number of people just pay up without shopping around. Losing some existing customers is a price they are prepared to pay because it's more than matched by the extra cash they get from lazy people who don't shop around and just pay up.

Even your own company will reduce the quote if you just ring them, that crowd you dealt with is using a business model which says that people assume that prices are going up because they believe the hype put out by the insurance business.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭flowers345

Anyone know who will insure an old brick as main car with no ncb due to 2 years not driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭Grats

coylemj wrote: »
    Did you ring 123.ie or any other company to see if you could get a lower quote? A large number of insurance companies send out inflated renewal quotes because a significant number of people just pay up without shopping around. Losing some existing customers is a price they are prepared to pay because it's more than matched by the extra cash they get from lazy people who don't shop around and just pay up.

Even your own company will reduce the quote if you just ring them, that crowd you dealt with is using a business model which says that people assume that prices are going up because they believe the hype put out by the insurance business.

Unfortunately not everyone has the time to ring around a load of insurance companies so I was more than happy to use a service that did it for me.

I'm glad some business is willing to take on the insurance companies as it's insulting to people that these insurance companies try rob people.

I did ring 123.ie but they would only reduce it by a paltry €30.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 TomTom12

I used these today for my car insurance and they found me a great deal compared to what I was been offered by another company. I was just about to pay the higher amount to the other company as I just didn't have the time to ring around a load of other companies but these did it for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 JuRy40

Hey,

Thanks for the tip. I was always too lazy to shop around for my insurance. I gladly paid €15 to have someone else do the work. They found me a policy which is €176 cheaper than what I paid last year! Delighted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement