Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imersion tripping switch/electrician needed

Options
  • 10-04-2015 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

hi

was advised to post here as having electrical probs in apt.

Having some trip switch problems but I figured it out to the imersion. When I turn the switch for the imersion and its timer off the trip switch can be switched back on . The shower itself is just a pump and works so that doesnt seem to be the issue.

Just wondering what to do now.

Is it an electrical issue and should I call an electrician or is there something I can do.

Any recommendations for a electrician for dublin city centre would be great aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

You would be better off getting a plumber as more than likely the bullet immersions are at failt and will need changing

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

anthonyos wrote:
    You would be better off getting a plumber as more than likely the bullet immersions are at failt and will need changing

Bullet immersion??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Had the same problem and it turned out to be the element in the tank had corroded and water was causing it to trip.

Had a plumber out - Wasn't a big job at all. But the spanner required to open the tank was an unusual shape. If I recall the new element was around €20 and then €50 for the labour

50 euro labour is cheap but the op lives in an apartment so probably has a combination cylinder with two immersions and take a long time to drain down and fill up again cost of a job likes tis around 200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Having the same problem. Assumed it was the element and changed it myself. Problem now has returned.

Seems to happen when we switch on the immersion, but the water is already hot from the solid stove oven. No idea why its tripping now.

• Advertisement

The high temperature water that your stove is producing is probably tripping your over heat stat on the immersion heater

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Is there any way to avoid this (apart from now using the stove)?

Advertisement