Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite years

Options
  • 15-11-2014 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Anybody like to share their favourite years ? One you might like to go back to if you had a time machine ?

My own favourites would be 1987 (A great summer) , 1982 (the year of the big snow) and 1989 (most enjoyable job).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

1986- left school,first holiday away with friends, bought first 7in single.
    Had first boyfriend. Moved to Dublin. Growing up overnight.

1990- World Cup Italy- one long, endless party.Happened to have days off for every one of Irish matches, pure luck.
    Lots of amazing highs, too many Harvey Wallbangers, learning to walk mid air ( thanks to aforementioned Harvey Wallbangers;-)).
    Qualified in my chosen profession, secured first real job- just felt on top of the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

1983 and 1984 I remember for great Summers.

1995 rocked. Britpop and trance in full swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,099 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

1983 and '84. Fabulous Summers in a mobile home in Skerries, Co. Dublin. On the beach everyday. Duran Duran and Wham dominated the jukebox and Defender was the arcade game of choice on those balmy nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

mikedublin wrote: »
    Anybody like to share their favourite years ? One you might like to go back to if you had a time machine ?

My own favourites would be 1987 (A great summer) , 1982 (the year of the big snow) and 1989 (most enjoyable job).

1987 was great weather alright. Spent a few weeks in Kerry that year. I remember walking about 6 miles home in the snows of 82 as a little guy- not pleasant at all:(

1990 was very special with Ireland in the World Cup and dancing in the streets after :D
    Everyone was in a great mood as you can see here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkc8dGF2ds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

1994 for me. Was only 9 but I remember watching all the World Cup matches with my dad and who could forget Ray Houghton scoring in the Giants Stadium!

All the US and Irish flags flying everywhere was a sight to behold! The weather was quite good too, not as good as '95 but those carefree days of playing with my friends whilst listening to Blur, Oasis, China Black etc on Atlantic 252! Was always making mix tapes and selling them for £1 each which was a nice little earner for a 9 year old!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

94. World cup. Finishing primary school saying goodbye to a legend of a teacher (that im still in touch with). Legendary SNES games like donkey kong country, mortal kombat 2 and doom. Happy times with my family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mountsky

The 90s were awesome, unreal music, great summers & a craicing social life, all the madness was defo in the 90s,things are much calmer these days,can't say I'm sorry either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

94. World cup. Finishing primary school saying goodbye to a legend of a teacher (that im still in touch with). Legendary SNES games like donkey kong country, mortal kombat 2 and doom. Happy times with my family

I was a Sega kid but I remember bringing my controllor over to my friends house when we wanted to play 2 player! Kid's today don't even have to leave their room!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

1990, 1993, 1995, 2000, 2004, 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

1995 the best Irish summer ever weather wise. Blur and Oasis, REM and Oasis at Slane, young free single and loaded at 20yrs old................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

1995 - the year Clare won the All-Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

1983 and 1984 - pop's greatest years. Our best summers.

1989 was a fine summer too. Went to third level so a great sense of freedom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

1992, I was about 7 years & loved the WWF & they had this huge build for Summerslam that year & I got the tape of it. Plus I loved cartoons like Mask, Cities of Gold, The Wheeled Warriors etc... which were being repeated on TV around the. time.

1994 was another with Ireland beating Italy & the huge celebrations after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

mikedublin wrote: »

Can vaguely remember the big winter of 1982. Also, not forgetting the World Cup in Italy in 1990! Ah! great times!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

1987 was great weather alright. Spent a few weeks in Kerry that year. I remember walking about 6 miles home in the snows of 82 as a little guy- not pleasant at all:(

1990 was very special with Ireland in the World Cup and dancing in the streets after :D
    Everyone was in a great mood as you can see here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkc8dGF2ds

Agreed! There was a certain feeling of absolute magic in the air at the time. that always brings a smile to my face everytime i see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

1987 brilliant year made lots of new friends
    1988 just hanging out with friends, great times
    1989 great year, first kiss, first smoke (never took to it though ) first drink .
    1991 first steady boyfriend
    down hill from there :( nothing major, but never reached those heights of happiness again
    miss them years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

1996. oasis rocked down in cork.. best gig every with support from the prodigy and bootleg beatles.

good times!!!!

Advertisement