Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCC memories

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i used to love watchin The Diplodos or whatever it was called with the dinosaurs that could staple and selotape stuff and blow bu bbles and do other stuff!

Does any1 remember the name of the cartoon with the girl who owned a koala and handily had a eucalyptus tree outside her bedroom window?

Jayce and The Wheeled Warriors was cool!

was there sumtin called The Spruce Caboose where animals used a caboose as a clubhouse?

and galaxy high: "Janey was the smartest girl in school, not very popular, not very cool....Two school kids will be chosen from Earth, to go to school in a far off place..." r sumtin along them lines.

ps kevok where did you get them episodes of City of Gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

and galaxy high: "Janey was the smartest girl in school, not very popular, not very cool....Two school kids will be chosen from Earth, to go to school in a far off place..." r sumtin along them lines.

Maaaaaan, I remember that! Barely!

Gravedale High is one I haven't seen mentioned in the last few posts - so I just have to throw that in there.

Pugwall was...good...but it was one of those shows that rested better in my memory. I saw it on vacation recently - and Pugwall (The guy himself) always seemed so much cooler in my head than he was (think of an Australian Zack Morris or something :P)

Eek the cat - ooooo... loved that.

Anyone remember Bobby's World? That seemed to spawn the trend of 'noogies' from his Uncle Ted.

Beakman's World was also shown on that channel wasn't it? That was crazy stuff I tells ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Syd_Vicious

This is Syd_Vicious speaking...

Ahhh TCC.....so many memories

They showed so many cartoons such as Lampchops, Garfield, Dr. Snuggles, Beverly Hills Teens etc.

Anyone remember a programme where Timmy Mallet had a real-life gameshow with Wolf from Gladiators and another woman (who I thought was fit :D)?

TCC did turn crap after a while where they only showed repeats of Earthworm Jim, Bots Master, Gigantor etc.

But one T.V. show I will always remember was on Sky One after DJ Kat was gone for a few years...

I don't remember what it was called but it starred an Adams Family clone of sorts with a talking moose head, the two kids who talked to the camera and did all the competitions and a woman who refused to tell her age. I liked that program a lot but for one reason only - the now infamous...

Grusome Grannies Of Gobshot Hall!!!!!

:rolleyes: :p

This has been Syd_Vicious speaking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

its all coming back to me now...I loved Battletech....skeleton warriors,...and Earthworm Jim was Classic......:rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Eek! before school every single morning!

And to the guy a few posts back, nobody ever thought the Pugwall guy was cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

TCC was really, really cool. However, it went downhill pretty fast as the cartoons were ousted in favour of teen soap operas.
    In fact, it was like the young people who started watching the very early days of The Children's Channel (which was for little kids) had grown up to the cool cartoons (which was great) but then slowly moved on to the "teen comedies" (Noooooo). In fact, the day that TCC was replaced by Nickelodeon was fortunate, even though I now dispise Nickelodeon with a passion.
    I mostly watched German Cartoon Network at the time though, when The Flinstones were on at six o' clock and Dexter's Laboratory had just started production. Ah, those were the days...

Eek the Cat/The Terrible Thunderlizards
    Wheres Wally? (anyone remember that theme tune? agh!)
    Denver the Last Dinosaur
    Rude Dog and the Dweebs
    Earthworm Jim

was that dennis the menace program on TCC weekday mornins or am i gettin confused with another channel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

that was on channel 4 methinks

are you on bout the english or US version?

the english one as in dennis and gnasher and the softies n all that lot! it was a real life one, well not real life, it was with puppets. they had the cartoon of it aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lyonsy

anyone remember jayce and the wheel masters, roger ramjet ,denver the last dinosaur, dungeons and dragons, here comes the grump?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lyonsy

no it was jayce and the wheeled warriors!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

If any of these shows came out nowadays, we'd think they were crap. I'd love to see them again soon. I emailed TCC asking if they're still running. They should bring out a best of TCC dvd or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I'd love to see Pugwall or Degrassi Junior High again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Originally posted by Blisterman
    If any of these shows came out nowadays, we'd think they were crap. I'd love to see them again soon. I emailed TCC asking if they're still running. They should bring out a best of TCC dvd or something.

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mask, Ulysess(spl?) and a few others are all on one of the Fox kids channels in the evenings, I flick back and forward the odd time to check them out. Mask has aged quite a bit but Ulysess still looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 khan

Hey i just joined up, i love all the old tcc cartoons, does anyone rember Trap door, scared the hell out of me, i really miss them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

THERES SOMETHING DOWNNNNNNNNN THERE!
    *TrapDOOR!*

Yes thank god someone still has it in there heads! does anyone remember a short cartoon between programs, it was about a vampire with overgrown fangs, but at the end he would always wake up and it would turn out it was just a nightmare???

cant say i do ;( kinda conjures up a mental image of soemthing familiar though which may well be it..
    but hey do you remember a cartoon with these dogs and cats in it. they lived in a big warehouse or something. i dont think there was any humans as main characters....and there was a mean cat that used to hang outside lookin for trouble? one time he ordered a flea circus and was planning to set them loose on them...?

the name is on the tip of my tongue n i feckin cant think of it, its wreckin my head for months now..!!! HELIP

i think one of the cats was called Gloria!!!

jeese no that dont ring a bell, but ill ask around, some of my friends are fairly in tune with all that. How about this one, its a bit of a long shot but i want to get it out there, it wasnt a cartoon but it was about this girl who could travel into a game show through a t.v. in a shoping centre, I remember a silver manican with a bolard hat that would point at a clock or something and then she would go! do you remember anything like that?

I think it was australian!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I remember a short cartoon in between programmes called Quick and Fluke, anyone remember that? I think it was French.
    Khan I vagely remember that but I can't remember the title.
    I can't remember the name of this does any remember a show revolving around 2 bros who travelled around Italy?
    I remember Pole Position, that was class.

• Advertisement

lol nah mate cant say i do....probably a bit before my time maybe possibly. damnit. why dont they just have a brilliantly made website with all these things listed it would make it so much easier... :(

No i dont remember it either, sorry about that. Yea there really shoud be a site, what about tcc themselfs are there any connections left with them in this world of nonsense programing???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

smuckers wrote:
    I remember a short cartoon in between programmes called Quick and Fluke, anyone remember that? I think it was French.
    Khan I vagely remember that but I can't remember the title.
    I can't remember the name of this does any remember a show revolving around 2 bros who travelled around Italy?

I vaguely remember Quick and Fluke... And the name of that other proggy was Interbang. I remember, coz it was mentioned in this thread ages ago... I also remember making recordings of the eppys at one point, and made sure I never missed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

khan wrote:
    Yes thank god someone still has it in there heads! does anyone remember a short cartoon between programs, it was about a vampire with overgrown fangs, but at the end he would always wake up and it would turn out it was just a nightmare???

I know of the cartoon you speak of, but I can't remember its name.... O_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

La_Gordy wrote:
    The female presenters name who used to feed those gold fish that kept changing shape probably due to death {brownie points if you remember the goldfishes names}. She had black curly hair and was fairly old. *ponders*

I haven't read the whole thread yet so if this was posted before, sorry. Anyway I can't remember yer womans name but I remember the fish were called Flip and Flap!!! I remeber cos that's what I named my two goldfish when I got them (Later renamed after TCC went off the air)

Another thing: My friends all think I'm crazy cos they can't remember but does anyone remember Widget? He was some sort of purple alien with a big sphere for a spaceship and he could change into loads of different things? Please soemone prove I'm not going mad(der)!

And I was watching Ripleys believe it or not on TV3 and there was this blonde one on it. She does the stuff that's going on outside the studio. Was she in California Dreams? I think she was the bimbo blonde one. If not someone put me out of my misery cos I know I've seen her somewhere before.

Ah yes Widget was ace used to watch it all the time with his sidekick Megabrain. Yes the lovely Kelly Packard played Tiffany in California Dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

When I first remember watching TCC it had a show about a kid in his bedroom and he had a robot called Copernicus. It was an educational show and Copernicus would give the kid all sorts of information by turning the wall at the back of his bed room into a gigantic display screen.

I'm sure it was on right next to Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.

Also, COPS hasn't been mentioned yet. It was the cartoon about a bunch of mechanically enhanced cops who had to go up against a bunch of ecentric super villians. I remember one bad guy was called Brain Drain and he had a glass skull so you could see his brain. And also there was a female crook called Miss. Demeanor (get it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

smuckers wrote:
    Ah yes Widget was ace used to watch it all the time with his sidekick Megabrain. Yes the lovely Kelly Packard played Tiffany in California Dreams.

It was certainly the best of the enviromental cartoons that came out.

Never thought much of Captain Planet and the Smoggies...

Yea I remember Cops, I remember one baddie gal was called Nighshade but I can't remember the name of the lead goodie, he was a black guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭johntf008

Telly Cat? Brilliant! On before school, they used to have sketches involving a big monkey, telly cat had a sling, and there was a female cat who was ve-ery sexy...

Also, the TCC Express (The Steve And Danny Show) came to an end one memorable Sunday afternoon, as the train pulled into a station, Steve and Danny got off, said goodbye to each other, and went their seperate ways. I remember it being terribly emotional.

But they soon came back with The NEW Steve and Danny Show! It was studio based, and the only thing I remember is a game where you had to guess whether the next card ws higher or lower and I remember one prize would always be a giant pair of novelty glasses.

The End

Advertisement