Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCC memories

Options
  • 15-06-2003 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Remember the childrens channel? I used to love it! Here are a selection of memories:

- They once had a promotion going where the kids would send in a crisp and if it reached them without being damaged then the kid would be rewarded some 'amazing' prize. (most popular method was a matchbox and cotton wool)

- Pugwall

- Degrassi Junior High

-Rude dog and the DweeBs!

Add your own....................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

How the hell did you remember that crisp thing?
    I remember now that you said it, but I had completley forgotten about it. Saved By The Bell is all I really remember. Oh and wasn't California Dreams on it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

How the hell did you remember that crisp thing?

Ha, i was monching on a bag of tayto cheese and onion while creating this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

really sorry for this ppl, but i remember this.
    (all you need is cheesy music, squeaky voice and no dignity)

TINY T.C.C.
    PO BOX 404
    something something
    LONDON W12

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

California Dreams! Saved By The Bell!

Earthworm Jim! Wasn't there some sort of fake news presenter who used to introduce that, at one stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Dont know how the hell i remember this but it was called ....

..... "Risk a Crisp"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Battletech!! Earthworm Jim!!! Skeleton Warriors!!!

But towards the demise of the station they looped the same three episodes of each show. Which sucked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

London,
    WC2H 8PS
    England.

I must've watched that channel waaaay to much!

I also remember the Smarties competition they ran. You had to match a number or colour or something. I sent off for a pack but they sent me an apology saying the competion was over and loadsa TCC badges and stickers and stuff :D

They also had stuff like

CurioCity
    Gareth 'Gaz Top' Jones
    That show where there were loads of kids presenting and doing mad stuff
    That crisp thing too :p
    Rude Dog

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

aah! the memories.

i just woke up one day and nickelodeon was there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by solice
    (all you need is cheesy music, squeaky voice and no dignity)
    I'm typing this while listening to the Joe90 theme tune, doing an impression of Porky Pig and sitting in nothing but my socks*

*may not be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I just had to get in on the act ! The 80snostalgia.com message board fed my addiction of all things 80s but alas that is no longer.

Anyway, back to TCC, does anyone remember Telly Cat and the quarks ?!? Watched it every morning before I headed off to school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

I'm typing this while listening to the Joe90 theme tune, doing an impression of Porky Pig and sitting in nothing but my socks

you are my god,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    California Dreams! Saved By The Bell!

Earthworm Jim! Wasn't there some sort of fake news presenter who used to introduce that, at one stage?

Heheh. Link Anchorman, he was great.

I remember there wasa presenter called Jed, right annoying tit. Fantastically, he left TCC to form a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

All of a sudden the proper name popped into my head.

Rude Dog and the Dweebs.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

I REMEMBER THE JINGLE FOR THE ADDRESS!!!!! (for tiny tcc..dont ask...)

TINY T-C-C
    P.O box, 4-0-4

LON-DON!!!!

lolllllllllll ahh the memories!!

EARTHWORM JIM!! He rockets through the sky, EARTHWORM JIM! he is a mighty guy!

remember ready or not? busy and amanda...haha i remember watching one where amanda had a free gaf and they baught non alcaholic beer which tasted like "cheese", and added lemonade to give it a bit of a kick, and all their cool "high school" friends thought they were drinking real beer and got "drunk".

wow. i need to get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

TINY T.C.C
    P.O. Box 404
    London W12
    England

Wasn't it W12 6LH? Hm, I bet *someone* has a video arround here to help me verify - it's driving me mad now. It could be what someone else said - but I didn't think it had 7 digits? Argh.

Anyone remember "The Big Dish"? That's when I pretty much knew TCC was about to be chucked out the door... it's kinda bizarre how this channel is actually still running - to more or less every person in Ireland, it died once cablelink/NTL ditched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Remember that show where these mice used rock n' roll to save the world?
    There was only one episode and they showed it all the ****ing time, it was worse then the OSbornes. That was the reason I'm glad they got rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

TCC boasts an unbeatable line-up of shows, 11 hours a day, seven days a week, from 7am to 6pm.

The website does not say it was ever shut down, Perhaps its still on somewhere......

mice used rock n' roll to save the world

"Biker Mice from Mars" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

Biker Mice from Mars SERIOUSLY ruled.
    all the old x-men, spiderman, jonny quest etc :D

Omg!! i just remembered, THE TOY BOX

i think that's what it was called.

when all the toys would come to life????

that was animal! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Just remembered California Raisens.
    Only one of my friends still remembers that, everyone else thinks I made it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I remember those singing raisins too. The toy box show was called Johnson and Friends and they used also had a kid's show in the morning called Jack in the Box or somefink like that and it had a teddy-bear in it called surprise surprise..... Teddy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lyonsy

roger ramjet- remember the song: roger ramjet and his eagles fighting for our freedom, fly through in and out of spage to join him something something beat him, roger ramjet hes our man hero of our nation, something something must be sure to stay tuned to this station...

o and speed racer- go speed racer!go speed racer!go speed racer! gooooo! stupid jap cartoons.

dog tanion & the 3 muskahounds dunno if that was tcc though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭[Iramus]

Originally posted by nosmo
    Skeleton Warriors!!!

...oh my god!, :eek: now thats nostalgia

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Just remembered California Raisens.
    Only one of my friends still remembers that, everyone else thinks I made it up.

i remember it!!! what a fantastic show. i can't remember much about it, i just have this vision of them in my noggin lol. funny stuff.

maybe someone can help me out, i have this show in my head but i can't put a name to it.
    it was a big green dinosaur that used to live with these teenagers? damnittttttt..i used to know the song and all but my memories gone to mush :( plZZZZZ someone!!!

i think he used to wear a pink hat too or something..? and a picture of a garden springs to mind...

Skeleton Warriors was the only childrens programme I ever saw that had a last episode!

The humans won by throwing the skeletons into lava.

Anyone remember BATTLETECH?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Battletech was teh win. Marvellous animation and the storyline was su-poib. The ending was sad aswell, the guy had a showdown against the Clan Wolf on top of a Timberwolf Mech dood and he kicked the Clan Wolf guys ass and the Clan Wolf guy handed over the planet but when the good guy returned to the planet he found out that all his people had been taken as slaves, thus setting up another series which never took place.

Originally posted by razorfeather
    maybe someone can help me out, i have this show in my head but i can't put a name to it.
    it was a big green dinosaur that used to live with these teenagers? damnittttttt..i used to know the song and all but my memories gone to mush :( plZZZZZ someone!!!

i think he used to wear a pink hat too or something..? and a picture of a garden springs to mind...

OMG! i was just goin about my day and then suddenly i got a blinding flash and remembered. DENVER, THE LAST DINOSAUR! Please tell me someone else remembers this cartoon?

This might refresh your memory ; denver.gif

WOW! *my day is complete*

denver, the last dinosaur. He's our friend and a whole lot more...denver.........lala

rofl/ fantastic.

ROFLMFAO.
    ALL i have to say is ;

widget.jpg

Ah, I dont remember that Denver Dinosaur, but I remember A quote from battletech

"I will honour our agreement, to the letter"

It was said by the head of the evil forces (clan wolf guy)

Then the main character (name?) siad, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Pugwall and Pugwall's summer.

Used to love the Orange Organics.

And thought his g/f Jenny was well fit.

Advertisement