Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tales from the Darkside

Options
  • 24-12-2014 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,557 ✭✭✭✭

Seeing the Tales of the Unexpected thread put me in mind of this Tales of... series from the US.
    Still has one of the most eerie and chilling intros ever with that ominous voiceover, music and shots of a dark woodland. Like the Twilight Zone the tone of the episodes varied but usually had a moral to the them. An underrated series.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

It was enjoyable. Monday nights on RTE 2 after Cheers I think. Started in autumn of 1984.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

was that the one with steamy sex scenes or was that the hitchiker??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

philstar wrote: »
    was that the one with steamy sex scenes or was that the hitchiker??

I'd forgotten about both that and Tales From The Darkside till I saw this thread.I remember an episode of something that was almost certainly from one or the other.This episode was set in the 40s or 50s and it was about this young boy who was travelling in a car with a woman who I think was his aunt.They pick up an old man hitchhiking who says "do you believe in (something) evil?". He starts then telling this story about cannibalisim.The aunt is freaked out by this and tells him to get out.As the car drives off he shouts "youre crazy,youre nuts".

Advertisement