Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton as2000xt - cleaning filter

Options
  • 18-11-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hi all,

I may have a clogged hot filter in my Triton as2000xt. The temperature hasn't been as high as it should be, although pressure seems normal.

I know that checking the filter is the thing to do, but the cold water stop valve is in the attic and I'm not physically able to get up there at the moment. I can stop the hot water valve ok.

Question is, can I clean the hot filter with only the hot stop valve closed?

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

brahms10 wrote: »
    Question is, can I clean the hot filter with only the hot stop valve closed?

Thanks for your help :)

No. The as2000 has just one cover over both filters, to remove the filter cover both hot and cold must be turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 brahms10

Thanks, Billy.

Also, can you think of any possible cause other than blocked filter for reduced temperature? Source temperature is checked and fine.

Thanks for you help

Advertisement