Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best DVD's

Options
  • 13-12-2002 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Just got the 'Brazil' Criterion Edition DVD, which is really, really good! Packed full of (actually decent) features (on disc 2) as well as Gilliam's own remasterd cut of the film (disc 1) and the 'studio' version (on disc 3).

Anyway... anyone else have any choice DVD's? That one DVD in your colection that really show's you want the format can be used for?

I find that more often than not, the most hyped DVD's (spiderman, the matrix, star wars) fail to live up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Lord Of The Rings: FoTR 4 Disc extended version.
    Great extras, and an extended version of the film.

Back to The Future Trilogy.
    5 hours of extras. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep I have that Brazil Criterion Collection Pack myself and it is excellent.

FotR:EE is now another that I would fire into that pile as a absolutely excellent DVD package in both film and extras department.

Band of Brothers is excellent as well. Especially in the Tin!!!

Brotherhood of the Wolf - 3 Disk Canadian Special Edition

Metallica S&M, The Beastie Boys Video Anthology: Criterion Collection for Music.

Oh and Family Guy Season 1 Set for some light relief :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

The Terminator 2 DVD Version is great, brilliant menus, a few easter eggs, good extras and a class film to boot, if showing its age somewhat in the special affects department. Still one of my all time fav's though.

Advertisement