Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

goriest film ever?

Options
  • 24-11-2002 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

what is the goriest film you have ever seen?
    mines would be bad taste
    its about carniverous aliens. unbelievabley gory. brains blood guts, but still class.

(hey unclepaul. >waves<)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bad Taste, mmmm I've had that sitting on tape for months.
    Braindead was pretty gory in a cheapo fashion.

Aliens had lots of splat but that was mainly alien innards so does that count?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Evil Dead 2........
    Gory but bloody funny aswell :)

Event horizon deserves a mention aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

hellraiser....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

The most realistic gory movie ever would be black hawk down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Predator is gory enough.
    With skinned bodies hanging from tress. Arms being shot off. Holes being shot through chests. etc etc

From Dusk Til Dawn has a nice bit of gore too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

The end of Audition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Cradle Of Fear.
    Immesly gory stuff. The scene where that demon-feotus thingie tears through yer wan is just downright sickened.

Day Of The Dead.
    Anyone who disagrees with a man being pulled apart by a gang of zombies is a fool, or a charlatan! Or that part where the zombie's guts falls out on the floor. Or... I could go on like this all day.

City Of The Living Dead.
    Unbeleivably crap film, but the gore is something else. If you wanna see a girl vomit up her own organs in most detailed fasion, then you should have a look at this.

Return Of The Living Dead Part 3.
    It's always 'living dead' movies that are the goriest, isn't it? This one was just ****ing gory at nearly every turn. There was a bit where you could see this one zombie's spine sticking out and it was moving. Again, pretty naff film.

The Thing was pretty gory also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Hellrazor - deffo, big gore fest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Zombie Flesh Eaters (uncut version). I saw it when I was about 14 and I nearly puked.

Thinking back I cant believe the guy in the videoshop let me rent it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Anything by Mr George A. Romero. ::sigh::

Hellraiser 3. Lots of corpses in the disco scene.

Braindead. In a cheapo gory fashion indeed :)
    (Ditto Bad Taste)

Audition wasn't so much gory as just painful. Definitely made my knees a bit wobbly.

Uzumaki. Japanese film about spirals. Fairly gory. Has a scene with a guy getting mashed into the wheel of a car. Gross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Saw a movie on Bravo a few years ago where the bad guy at the end was killed by an airplane propellor while the plane was taxiing. It was shockingly graphic (splatter gibs!).

- Dave.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Either of the Dentist films.Quite Sick watching people getting fillings with yer old Black and Decker Hammer action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Braindead. sickening, but bloody funny (pun intended).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Thought that Event Horizon was pretty gory, saw Braindead but it was just the wrong type of gore, it seemed to be a bit more like Happy Gore (Tm)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeh the Gore in Braindead is just funny, but nothing beats the lawnmower scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by TmB
    Saw a movie on Bravo a few years ago where the bad guy at the end was killed by an airplane propellor while the plane was taxiing. It was shockingly graphic (splatter gibs!).

- Dave.
    Raiders of the Lost Ark? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

The Fly II was fairly gory ...remember the bit where the elevator came down on the blokes head ? *Splat*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Braindead without a doubt.

But after that film who in their right mind let peter jackson do the lord of the rings?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by ObeyGiant
    Raiders of the Lost Ark? :D
    Nah... that was just some splashes of blood. In the movie I saw, the guy came apart like a sack full of rashers!!

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by daveg
    Zombie Flesh Eaters (uncut version). I saw it when I was about 14 and I nearly puked.

I watched this recently, and I found it rather tame, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

Dr.Giggles :D
    Bout a psycho dentist who goes around mutilating peps lol

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

robo cop2!

brain surgrey amature hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mishmish

I think it would have to be "The Texas Chainsaw Massacres" Um.. I found this looking for information onnit... it made me sick to my stomach though... so just a warning... it's about a killer that the movie was based on...
    http://www.houseofhorrors.com/gein.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Has to be Brain Dead or Bad Taste. Hands down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

saw bad taste yesterday sick sick sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Well on the matter of the site on Ed Gein. I read the book on him and the things he did would make your cringe inside out. His life inspired many films, like the texas chainsaw massacre, silence of the lambs and a few more I can't remember :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭DrizztIE

Day of the Living Dead - Zombie film
    Puppet Master - Toy killing puppets
    Evil Dead - continuation to the "Army of Darkness"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

heh: I think the lawnmower scene in braindead wins here :) I especially like how you get an in-blade shot of the lawnmower cuttin' grass earlier on. Extra marks if you predicted it would be a weapon later on in the film the first time you saw braindead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I remember thinking Event Horizon was pretty damn gory. You know the bit where they see the footage of what happened to the ships former crew? Eugh. Theres a very quick flash of a guy that looks like hes having a tentacle shoved down his throat (complete with sounds of someone puking) I was fairly disturbed by this :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭DrizztIE

Originally posted by Swifty
    I remember thinking Event Horizon was pretty damn gory. You know the bit where they see the footage of what happened to the ships former crew? Eugh. Theres a very quick flash of a guy that looks like hes having a tentacle shoved down his throat (complete with sounds of someone puking) I was fairly disturbed by this :)

Yeah I have it at home on VHS and im going to go home and watch it in the dark :D

Advertisement