Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 2FM midnight broadcast 15/4/14

Options
  • 15-04-2014 8:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Driving home last night after 12 midnight, a bit bemused as to why 2FM were re-broadcasting what seemed to be the entire first section of a show first broadcast last week (8/04/14) were the bloke and girl (don't know names) were giving out about the social media treatment of the then just announced death of Peaches Geldof.

I turned off at 12:17 unable to listen to anymore of their drivel (again!).

Any ideas why this was re-broadcast? It was dire last week and 10 times worse to hear it again. Interested to hear the bloke saying "fuc@ing" again. Really breaking new ground in radio journalism into the bargain....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Kettleson wrote: »
    Driving home last night after 12 midnight, a bit bemused as to why 2FM were re-broadcasting what seemed to be the entire first section of a show first broadcast last week (8/04/14) were the bloke and girl (don't know names) were giving out about the social media treatment of the then just announced death of Peaches Geldof.

I turned off at 12:17 unable to listen to anymore of their drivel (again!).

Any ideas why this was re-broadcast? It was dire last week and 10 times worse to hear it again. Interested to hear the bloke saying "fuc@ing" again. Really breaking new ground in radio journalism into the bargain....

The lads chris and ciara are covering tubs while he is away at the bbc so their night time show isn't live this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The lads chris and ciara are covering tubs while he is away at the bbc so their night time show isn't live this week.

Thanks for info. Would have been better just putting songs on a loop or whatever it is that is usually done? Head wrecker listening to it again but I hung on to see what the story was..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

They should relay RTE Gold from 7pm. I guarantee they would get a larger audience - young and old.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭4umbrellas

Newstalk always do this. I think most of the progammes I hear are repeats. Plus point - they don't have six mins of ads every ten mins when the replays are on after midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Sounds like a total missed opportunity for something else or new talent or whatever

Rebroadcasting a programme from a week previous with predictable out-dated news references in nothing short of sloppy dont-give-a-st1t attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

These programmes are available on-line if anyone wants to listen to them. At least play some well known music.

Advertisement