Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neil Prenderville RED FM

• 31-03-2014 9:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

lovehatel.jpg

Thought I might start a new thread for his new show separate from the 96fm one.

WTF is up the poster for Neil? :confused: Love/Hate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Jason_

I wonder would prenderville work on national radio ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Quick, hide the Nurofen Plus! !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭A.J.Plumb

At least learn to spell his name right if your going to post a thread about him ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Jason_ wrote: »
    I wonder would prenderville work on national radio ?

Prendeville has had offers to work on national radio in the past and turned them down. If you've listened to his show over the last decade, you'll know that he is as Cork as Murphy's stout and it's unlikely that he'll ever work on a station outside Cork even though there's a very good chance that he'd be extremely successful on a national station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

zetalambda wrote: »
    Prendeville has had offers to work on national radio in the past and turned them down. If you've listened to his show over the last decade, you'll know that he is as Cork as Murphy's stout and it's unlikely that he'll ever work on a station outside Cork even though there's a very good chance that he'd be extremely successful on a national station.

Do you think he would? like you say pure cork but when ever I saw him on rte afternoon show he looked uncomfortable and seemed out of place. He just seems so at home on cork radio he lives and breaths cork but not ott cork like pj when hes voice goes pure cork bouy evey so ofton if one of hes buddies comes on its like being on the coal quay listening to 2 ould ones gossoping were as neil just sounds smooth. As succesful as he is in cork I dont think hed do well on national although he did a stint on capital now fm104. As good as he is he isnt always the brightest button makes some dump statments sometimes but hes man enough to laugh at himself. He s not as bright as pat kenny ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭Horse84

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Good man Neil few more listeners will tune in Monday to hear what you have to say in response to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

dave1982 wrote: »
    Good man Neil few more listeners will tune in Monday to hear what you have to say in response to this

A broadcasting legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fairly pig ignorant way to treat a guest. Seems to be par for the course though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

I've just had to delete 10 posts because you're all unable to stick to the topic and decided to go after the poster rather then the post. Next time I'll be issuing infractions as you should know better by now.

//MOD

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭A.J.Plumb

Big fish in a small backwater is our Neil!
    This tends to beget arrogant and dismissive behaviour which is certainly true of our Neil....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

lovehatel.jpg

His ears sit very low on his head :eek: the top of his ears are at his eye level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Prendeville was on today talking about some magician that had a hissy fit because he would not let him come on air :)

Advertisement