Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JJB Gym

Options
  • 21-10-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

Alrite lads,

I was thinking of joining up out in JJB as its definetly the best value around and they have a good range of fitnesss classes!
    Just wondering is any one here a member, what are the views of the place??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

alan1990 wrote: »
    Alrite lads,

I was thinking of joining up out in JJB as its definetly the best value around and they have a good range of fitnesss classes!
    Just wondering is any one here a member, what are the views of the place??

Translation: I want to join JJB because I heard it has more Polish Pussy than the Warsaw Cat Show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭zing zong

Raiser wrote: »
    Translation: I want to join JJB because I heard it has more Polish Pussy than the Warsaw Cat Show :D

HAHAHAHAHA:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

Raiser wrote: »

If you like you 'cats' with more muscles than you then go for it! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 veesix

it went downhill for a while, the jacuzzi wasnt working for months, the steam room is usually cold, the airconditioning didnt work for months either but they got that fixed. i'd check it out proper before u join. the manager was really pushing to get everything fixed in fairness to him but the owners are in the uk. the management and staff are great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

any one got any prices for membership in there normal rates and student rates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

jasonf9ace wrote: »
    any one got any prices for membership in there normal rates and student rates?

The rates I was given are
    6 months - €149
    12 months - €249
    15 months - €299 (I think)

There was a nine month option as well which was about €200...

They are full adult rates, not sure you could get it any cheaper as a student as that really is for nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

6 months - €149
    12 months - €249

They are full adult rates, not sure you could get it any cheaper as a student as that really is for nothing!!

That's pretty cheap considering the Greenhills want €325 for 6 months.

That's pretty cheap considering the Greenhills want €325 for 6 months.

:eek:
    Thats mad, If your looking for something out that side of the city then it has to be the Radisson, the gym is quite small but the relaxation suite is amazing!! Pool, steamroom, lanconium, fog shower, outdoor hot-tub, male and female saunas and tennis courts!! The place is really clean to!!

Think it was €275 for 6 months

You can go for a free trial day, well worth it!!

:eek:
    Thats mad, If your looking for something out that side of the city then it has to be the Radisson, the gym is quite small but the relaxation suite is amazing!! Pool, steamroom, lanconium, fog shower, outdoor hot-tub, male and female saunas and tennis courts!! The place is really clean to!!

Think it was €275 for 6 months

You can go for a free trial day, well worth it!!

I'm within walking distance of the Greenhills,would be very handy.I can't get over how expensive they are though

I'm within walking distance of the Greenhills

Me 2!! I was a member there before though and thought there was a smell of piss in the place so no way I'm going back, not at that price anyway!!

• Advertisement

Me 2!! I was a member there before though and thought there was a smell of piss in the place so no way I'm going back, not at that price anyway!!

It's very annoying,I started laughing when she told me the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

6 months - €149
    12 months - €249

thats really cheap think il join up when my memberships finished up in energize which is the strand hotel.I paid 200 for 6 months student rate,thinks its about 300 normally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

That is cheap, considering the uni gym is the guts of 600 per year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

i was a member at UL for ages and am a member at JJB now. i go early in the morning 8.30am so theres rarely any waiting around for anything and the facilities are good.

great value for money imo. Theres posers in every gym so dont mind people saying its full of bodybuilders etc. makes no odds (to me at least)

Advertisement