Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-03-2012, 19:47   #136
Monotype

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil01 View Post
Excuse my ignorance but could someone explain to me what is a new wireless adapter and do I need one if I can't enable my wireless device again. The light is amber.
This is not the place to be asking at all, but you need to give more detail anyway.

Is it desktop/laptop?
Has it ever worked?
Have you been able to connect to the same wireless network before?
Do other networks show up?
Have you changed software or hardware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangea View Post
Like for instance. What are CP and UI cables for? They connect to the top of the motherboard.
The 8 pin power connector?
I didn't know what CP and UI stood for but I realised it's probably the two halves - CPU I. It provides extra power to the CPU. Some only need the 4 pins.

Quote:
From looking in one of the peek holes to the front I seen one of the cables looked to have some sort of paste probably to join it to something. (Like a white version of soldering) Not too sure how I would fair out with that).
You don't have to do that, they're already attached to the case. You just need to connect to the board.

Quote:
I might even try to get to the front usb connectors sometime because I cant get one of the front usb connectors to work as I mentioned before, not sure if its accessible or not though as it seems pretty well compacted in.
Sounds like it got damaged. You probably could send it back or possibly ask for a replacement for that part but it would be a fair amount of trouble.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-03-2012, 20:09   #137
Pangea

Havent tried the internet solution yet, but I noticed yesterday when I had utorrent open I couldn't surf the net at all.

Had other surfing problems today even with utorrent closed.

Another weird problem is my TV Card is not showing up tv channels on occasions.
When I go into dvb viewer it says no hardware available and a blank screen , other occasions the channel would just freeze .
but under device manager the tv card is listed so its not an issue of the tv card being registered. It is definitely not a problem with the tv signals as I have checked it. I tried it with windows media centre also but the same problem occurred.
I tried reseating the TV card but no luck. The problem resolves itself on occasions and the channels appear.
I just restarted the PC and it is working fine now.
Can anyone think of why this is happening?
Maybe I should try reinstalling the tv card drivers.
13-03-2012, 10:59   #138
jaykhunter

I wish i could help more Pangea! But it sounds like a device driver conflict. Friend of mine had an issue of his monitor sometimes just saying 'nope, not working' and then go back to working when restarted, same thing.

Is the purple cloth in those shots from a bed or couch? It actually looks great against the inside of your PC
Thanks from:
13-03-2012, 12:16   #139
Pangea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykhunter View Post
I wish i could help more Pangea! But it sounds like a device driver conflict. Friend of mine had an issue of his monitor sometimes just saying 'nope, not working' and then go back to working when restarted, same thing.

Is the purple cloth in those shots from a bed or couch? It actually looks great against the inside of your PC
Thanks, ha yeah its the colour of my bed clothes! (Very manly colour I know)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion