Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy V Desire (HD/Z)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

its performance score;;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    Cant see what your trying to post? Pictures?

Anyway as your not doing this fairly, comparing a Gen 2 Desire against a Gen 1 Galaxy S!

So now I raise you with a Samsung Galaxy i 9200 S2, bet ya thats difficult to swallow.

This vote should have included this phone!

And as they say thats game, set & match!

I thank you and goodnight!

The SGS GPU still is roughly twice as powerful as the new Desires. It really is a beast of a phone, although there really isn't anything out there to take advantage of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bugzy

yes the GPU better but processor is miles behind.

its hardly a 2nd gen phone? it has a slightly better processor than the previous desire. its just an upped screen version with new sense on it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Oh I'm so confused... I don't know still whether to wait for the Desire HD or go for the Galaxy. My N95 is seriously annoying me at this point....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭patch

ixoy wrote: »
    Oh I'm so confused... I don't know still whether to wait for the Desire HD or go for the Galaxy. My N95 is seriously annoying me at this point....

I'd say the phones are so similar it will come down to size and weight. Personally I like that about the galaxy.
    I've a zagg shield on the back which adds a lot of grip, making it perfect for me.

you dont need a shield or a skin on a htc phone :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Bugzy wrote: »
    That bit wouldn't bother me...

The HTC HD would offer me a camera with a flash. Does anyone know though how good the camera is versus the one with the Samsung?

I wouldn't be so confident given the desires use of standard glass versus the gorilla glass on the SGS.

what has glass has to do with this? we were talking about the grip in your hand which..

unless your an odd one and hold your phone upside down it shouldnt matter.

• Advertisement

what has glass has to do with this? we were talking about the grip in your hand which..

unless your an odd one and hold your phone upside down it shouldnt matter.

Seemed to me that bugzy was talking about the build quality in general....

you dont need a shield or a skin on a htc phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

So, I bit the bullet and got a Galaxy, I find it quick, free Apps and has some of the same popular Apps as the iPhone. The screen is amazing and the build quality doesn't feel sh**e as some have commented here. battery life is Ok, considering the size of the screen, once you control the use of the WiFi etc. I am getting all my mails from various accounts and I'm happy so far. Vodafone IE said they may not get Desire HD till close to Christmas or even after

meteor said their getting it in October...but who knows how much truth is there in that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Still confused but have decided to go with the HTC. Seems to be more customisable and do like the sturdy construction. Suposed to be a flash with camera but can not see it being effective.

@batman2000

most people would agree that samsung is nothing compared to HTC's build quality.

tbh if i was to say its just as bad as nokia. they wont fall apart (hopefully) or anything but the plastic bits and all will get loose and etc.

you would have to live with a htc phone to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

@batman2000

most people would agree that samsung is nothing compared to HTC's build quality.

tbh if i was to say its just as bad as nokia. they wont fall apart (hopefully) or anything but the plastic bits and all will get loose and etc.

you would have to live with a htc phone to understand.

confused??? which are you trying to suggest has poor build quality?

samsung...im not saying its poor...its reasonable but when you hold a samsung and a htc phone or live with either you can understand and feel which one is superior

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

That bit wouldn't bother me...

The HTC HD would offer me a camera with a flash. Does anyone know though how good the camera is versus the one with the Samsung?

I don't know.... but i would guess you can expect something roughly equivalent to that on the Evo.

batman2000 wrote: »
    Vodafone IE said they may not get Desire HD till close to Christmas or even after

Gah. Actually i'm not surprised at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

patch wrote: »
    Got it. I'll make sure and not drop the phone, or drop things on it.
    I'd imagine treating any of the high end phones in this way would produce similar results.
    It's the price we pay for cramming so much tech in small spaces!
    The build quality of the Desire feels great in my hand, and I've dropped it a few times with no damage, and my old original iPhone was thrown across the room against the wall in frustration once (stupid, I know), and worked perfectly after with no cracks on the glass or anything (somehow)
    Ecom: Tony wrote: »
    Still confused but have decided to go with the HTC. Seems to be more customisable and do like the sturdy construction. Suposed to be a flash with camera but can not see it being effective.
    The single LED flash on the old Desire is pretty effective, so I'd imagine the Desire HD's dual LED flash would do a great job

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

samsung...im not saying its poor...its reasonable but when you hold a samsung and a htc phone or live with either you can understand and feel which one is superior

agreed, the galaxy feels cheap in the hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Bluefoam wrote: »
    agreed, the galaxy feels cheap in the hand.

But the phone certainly isn't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Pre ordered the HD from clove today, they had the release date as the 6th but its gone to the 11th now.

I originally had a desire and got tempted by an iphone4 and jumped ship, now Im jumping back to android just as quick!

your gonna be waiting for a while :) they always let ya pre order and keep putting of the release date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Really hope it's not like the N900 in waiting times.. I had a two month pre order on that and it was still over a month late.

Was kinda late off the mark for the HD, so I'd be happy with the start of November... BUT dont want to wait at all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

From clove.co.uk
    All UK unlocked / SIM-free stock delayed until late October

From Play.com
    Due for release on 19 October 2010

...gonna be feckin christmas..:(

I wonder what the story is with that, I had an email from sales yesterday saying they had stock due tomorrow, yesterday evening it said stock arriving on the 11th.

There was mention of meteor getting it here for the 16th but from phones Ive bought previously from clove the networks here were always a minimum of a month behind them

Desire Z on amazon (co.uk) saying it will be released on 1 November.
    DHD still saying 11th October however.

Darn. amazon ust updated info:

DHD now 25th Oct.

Grrr..

Just had an email from clove
    Sorry the units have not been launched yet. No machines are available until at least the end of next week. Your unit should go in 2-3 weeks

I've a feeling Ill be waiting even longer! There's talk in other thread of irish networks having them in the next few days, I wonder is this really likely as anytime I've bought a simfree from clove before the irish networks are normally at least a month behind releasing here

• Advertisement

Hmm really happy I went with the SGS now, the wait, postpone, wait, postpone would kill me.

Advertisement