Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Office Space

• 15-11-2002 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

anyone see the movie? i seen it when i was in America, my friend had it on video, very funny for ppl who work in a computer related area :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I got it on R1 DVD (little/no extras, although nice 'animated menu') about a year ago. It's pretty good alright, all the actors seemed to 'get' what their characters were all about - right through from Gary Cole as Lumbergh, to the weasely little guy playing the waiter in Chotchkie's.

The film kinda trails off towards the end, which is a little shame, because if this film was as consistently funny as the first act, it wouldn't be stuck in the hole of obscurity it seems to be in right now, and maybe people would be mentioning it on every thread on this board (a bit like what is happening with 'Ring' right now).

A few of my friends have complained about not finding it as funny, mainly due to the hundreds of people hyping it as being the funniest office-related comedy ever. It's not (the BBC's 'The Office' holds that title), but it's still pretty damn funny.

I'd probably be hyping it a lot more myself, if I didn't find myself relating to Milton, more than anyone else :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

cool id have to relate to Michael Bolton in it :) as my second name is McEnroe, everywhere i go, flights and travelling, its "are you related to John McEnroe?" *me bangs head off wall* i think my favourite scene was where they got the printer and smashed it with the baseball and then Michael started punching it. "Pc load letter, what the **** does that mean!?" hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

Its such a funny movie....the scene where they beat the sh!t out of the photocopier is brilliant :D
    One of Jennifer Aniston's better films.

i think its a cool movie, printer scene is the best by far.Its cool cos a lot of ppl could probably relate to the characters :)
    Btw its on one of the RTE's at the weekend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Office space was funny but did seem to fade towards the end a bit. Wasn't the main character the actor from The early edition?

• Advertisement

umm i dont think he is the same guy, i maybe wrong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

ur right Ron Livingston was in office space and Kyle Chandler was in early edition. Office space is pretty good, though Mike Judge has done better stuff.

RTE 1, Saturday 23rd at 9:45pm for all who havent seen it, its worth a watch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

feck they're the spitting image of each other or do I just have a crap memory? Mind you its been years since I saw early edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Kambika

reminds me very much of my work environment.
    I love the part where they are demolishing the fax machine :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Office Space rocks! mmmm yeah!

'So what would you say yah do here?'

'I told you I'm a ppl person, I am good at dealing with ppl, can't you ppl see that?'

mmm yeah Peter, hiiiiii, whats happpeennninngg? im gonna have u come into to work on Saturday..mmkkkk thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 passthesalt

"PC Load Letter?! What the fvck does that mean?!"

genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

wow! so people in the world have actually heard of this film. i thought i was the only one. what an amazing movie. i've watched it over and over, and the laughter begins to hurt after a while.

my favourite parts are when they're talking about the party coming up on the weekend, and the blonde guy from their office starts talking about his "oh" face. "oh! oh!" ("she gets round, dude. like a record."

i also love when they look up money laundering in the dictionary. wow. what a film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sgarapolo

Ah, beretta, we do have so much in common... and this movie now as well... a work of genius, I work one day a week in an office, and I can't help but ask what PC Load Letter means when it actually comes up on my printer. Wonderful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

scott, if i didn't know any better, i'd think you were electronically stalking me. haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sgarapolo

I wondered why you never let me know where you live... it's all clear.

Advertisement