Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dexter Season 8 Episode 12 - Remember The Monsters? [SPOILERS]

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Watched the last one last night..

As most people have said it was pretty ****.

1) Vince Masuka's daughter ? .. why ? .. umm why ?
    2) Hannah wiping out a horse tranquilizer ? -- Never leave home with out it !
    3) Wheeling dead Deb out of the hospital !.. Not one person questions it.. ( I kinda see why he threw her off the both as he blames himself for her death.. and this is the way he disposes of all people he kills )
    4) After sailing away and his both turning up in pieces.. how did he get back to shore to "survive" ?
    5) Leaving your only son with a killer !

There's loads more ..

When they start these things.. they should never let people know how many seasons there will be.. so they can end it better.

A f|_|cking Horse tranquilizer !! really !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

NeVeR wrote: »
    4) After sailing away and his both turning up in pieces.. how did he get back to shore to "survive" ?

The storm was CGI clearly!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

The storm was CGI clearly!!

:pac:

lol.. yes.. but in TV land how did he get back lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Didn't bother watching the last 2 episodes. Every time I watched an episode this series I couldn't wait for it to be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

le la rat wrote: »
    Didn't bother watching the last 2 episodes. Every time I watched an episode this series I couldn't wait for it to be over.
    So you're posting here because....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Thought I was in dexter main thread apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Just watched the last episode, meh! Enjoyed the show though, house of cards next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭saucers82

thank f%ck its over. they should of ended it when Trinity killed his wife and that scene with her and Harrison in the blood.
    the last two series defied logic, were too unbelievable and not plausible. The finale was one of the worst things I have ever witnessed. Like a B Movie or something. they ruined what was a great series by just not knowing when to stop!!!

and keeping him alive, be sure Showtime have more up their sleeve

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Definitely should have ended with Season 4, it's been absolute pants since and like you, I breathed a sigh of relief when over, it just became utterly ridiculous.

NeVeR wrote: »
    Watched the last one last night..

As most people have said it was pretty ****.

1) Vince Masuka's daughter ? .. why ? .. umm why ?
    2) Hannah wiping out a horse tranquilizer ? -- Never leave home with out it !
    3) Wheeling dead Deb out of the hospital !.. Not one person questions it.. ( I kinda see why he threw her off the both as he blames himself for her death.. and this is the way he disposes of all people he kills )
    5) Leaving your only son with a killer !

There's loads more ..

When they start these things.. they should never let people know how many seasons there will be.. so they can end it better.

A f|_|cking Horse tranquilizer !! really !!

leaving airport because of a terrorist alert, on the way out they change their mind and say the weather is closing the airport for the foreseeable

forgot about Mazukas daughter...exactly what the feck was that about?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

saucers82 wrote: »
    forgot about Mazukas daughter...exactly what the feck was that about?

The producers said something along the lines of it showing him having a proper relationship with a woman. Don't shoot the messenger.

Eoin wrote: »
    The producers said something along the lines of it showing him having a proper relationship with a woman. Don't shoot the messenger.

seeing her tits was the only thing worthwhile about the character

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

saucers82 wrote: »
    seeing her tits was the only thing worthwhile about the character

Hannah is wayyyyy hotter but I see where you're coming from.

its a pitty Deb didnt have a naked scene, may have spiced things up ;)

skeg16 wrote: »
    Hannah is wayyyyy hotter but I see where you're coming from.

deb be like f**king a bag of spanners, not enough meat on there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yuck, she looks better suited to a part in the walking dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but her elbows would be like daggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Ahhh hear....ye are all too fussy, are you tell me you wouldn't hit this - SFW

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Ahhh hear....ye are all too fussy, are you tell me you wouldn't hit this - SFW

Maybe with a brick :pac:

Some times she looks great, but others she looks awful. Either way, she wouldnt be my cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Thanks for the Breaking bad spoiler, Japandamo.
    Think I'll head on over to the breaking bad thread and post the Dexter ending..............

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

mikom wrote: »
    Thanks for the Breaking bad spoiler, Japandamo.
    Think I'll head on over to the breaking bad thread and post the Dexter ending..............

Ah, sorry.

To be honest you'd probably be doing people a favour if you did, though.

Genuinely sorry about that slip though, it won't help you but I've fixed that bit, thanks. I was still reeling from Dexter and not thinking straight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Japandamo wrote: »
    Ah, sorry.

To be honest you'd probably be doing people a favour if you did, though.

Genuinely sorry about that slip though, it won't help you but I've fixed that bit, thanks. I was still reeling from Dexter and not thinking straight.

Well you need to fix it again because you've ruined it for me as well...cheers

Merkin wrote: »
    Well you need to fix it again because you've ruined it for me as well...cheers

Okay, it's gone.

Sorry.

Right, having thought about it more I realise that anyone following the thread probably got an email with the original post, so deleting won't do much good. I admit it was a silly mistake, I've retracted it, I've apologised, and I'll be more careful in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Any news on "True Detective", as I'm about to start watching that?

Like I say, I've learned my lesson. I'll PM you the ending if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

it's super brilliant, and would serve as an antidote to the disease that was season 8 of dexter. mcconaughey is reminiscent of a darker joey quinn too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You're going to be hooked. Everyone who I've talked to about it was and is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

watched the first episode of it, it's grand but it would want to pull something serious out of the bag to make it more than just a cop procedural with 2 world class leads, one of whom seems to be eating lego for the whole first episode. So far, so mismatched-partners-with-a-messed-up-case, with the show delighting in the obscene details of the crime. Having said that, there were weird undertones of The Invisibles for me in the philosophical ramblings and the staging of the crime - It felt like X-Files SVU! Only half of that interests me. Will have to check later if Series Link is working it's magic on my Skybox.

BTW on Dexter Season 8 in general, I was really disappointed the early implications that Dexter was not a psychopath in the first place, but that potentially Deb was (and, at a stretch, Harry had been talking to Vogel about Deb but using Dex's name so that suspicion would not fall on his flesh and blood if she did anything unforgiveable, and then that everything Dex remembers of what he was like as a child was fed to him by Vogel - who believed it to be true - but that finally his normal, emotional, human side was starting to break through the programming just as Deb's true nature was starting to surface following massive emotional trauma) went no where. But then it turned out that most of that was in my head so I can't blame the writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Finally watched the last episode, I appreciate I'm about 6 months late to the party but I took a 2 year break after series' 6 debacle and I've just ploughed through the last 2 seasons in the last 2 weeks.

Can't say I enjoyed any of it though, completely different from the show I once knew and loved. Seemed like everything in the last 2 seasons bar Sirko and Hannah was just there to waste screen time, nothing seemed to follow through, introduce a new character they disappear after a few episodes, someone investigates Dexter they disappear and there's no follow up.

I hated Vogel as a character from the start, not believable at all. They could have explored the relationship with her and Matthews a bit more, give her a bit more background.
    The already mentioned Masuka/daughter storyline was retarded, at least have her look into some of Dexter's dodgy bloodwork and rattle a few cages.
    Hannah on her fake passport taking someone else's son out of the country, not a bother.
    Miami Metro being completely blind to Dexter, that final scene with Angel just giving Dexter a pass was probably the most ludicrous thing I've ever seen.
    Deb just going along with whatever was happening, totally made her character from previous seasons devoid of any merit.
    It seemed that anyone who crossed Dexter's path in the last 2 seasons was killed, I think there was a higher body count than Rambo!

The pacing in the last episode was all over the shop too! Too many loose ends to try and tie up in 50 minutes, everything was just explained away in the simplest possible manner; saxon easily apprehended at the hospital, Dexter kills him with a pen, while at the same time offscreen Deb is basically killed.

I had heard the ending was ****e, but I think I wouldn't have minded so much if the lead up to it was good, but I literally didn't give a **** what happened to any of the characters in Season 7/8 as the plot was so far removed from what it once was and should have been. It was complete fantasy stuff, not good fantasy though!

I actually thought the Lumberjack thing by itself (if you forget about the 12 hours of shít leading up to it) was kind of clever if the writers meant it the way I perceived it: the chainsaw thing, the fact that it was probably Washington State which is the furthest you can get from Miami while staying in the lower 48, and also that it has the highest proportion of serial killers in the US. However perhaps I'm giving the writers too much credit.

Rant over :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Lord PuppyMcSnuggle of Cuddleshire

As someone who didn't know what the ending would be, season 8 started out promising. Early on, I thought Vogel was going to be the one person who could bring Dexter down. That she would be somehow untouchable, and we'd see Dexter pushed to his limits, buckets of tension and awkward interviews. Then they completely let the air out of it. :confused:

I didn't hate the ending, but it was a bit of a dull season. :/

Advertisement