Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 6 transfers thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

dahat wrote: »
    Any chance of Pelle rising tonight? Getting him in but needs two moves.

Possibly..

FISO have him just under 100%

TotalFPL and FPLStatistics have him down ~40%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Pieters and Chester out for Chambers and Bertrand on a free.

Dont have much wiggle room in the finances so will watch prices closely and leave it as late as possible to do this transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Danger781 wrote: »
    Possibly..

FISO have him just under 100%

TotalFPL and FPLStatistics have him down ~40%

He didn't rise but is close though so against all sense I am going to have to move tonight possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

G1032 wrote: »

I think I'll move to do Ramsey -> Di Maria tonight.

Edit: Done!/quote]

Why? Di Maria could get ebola tomorrow.

Money. Zero in the bank now. Haven't yet 100% decided on whether I'll be doing Ade to Welbeck so needed to move on Di Maria in case he went up last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Ok my current back line is:

Krul and Mannone

Shawcross, Evans, Ivanovic, Coloccini and Hutton.

I have 2 free transfers.

I need to get rid of some of the Newcastle cover. Coloccini and Krul is too much seeing as Newcastle are so crap at the moment.

Option 1

Ideally I'd like to transfer Shawcross out for Wilson to save the 1m and keep Stoke cover. I'd also like to get in some Southampton to I'm thinking Clyne. I could use my two free transfers to get rid of Coloccini for Wilson and Shawcros for Clyne.

Option 2

Another option for me would be to downgrade Ivanovic to Clyne. This would give me the money to upgrade Naismith to Welbeck and Ramsey to Di Maria. This would mean a -4 hit of leaving part of the switch to next week.

What are people's thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hogey007 wrote: »
    what do you reckon is the best way to go about this then? I haven't been on here much this season and def think the absence has played a part in my poor start.

should i get rid of coloccini or get rid of krul/elliot because keeping both means i have to play a newcastle keeper (i originally thought this combo would do me until i wildcarded because newcastle's fixtures looked decent on paper for first few weeks)

I have 2.6 million in the bank, 1 FT. if i go with a new keeper for Krul or elliot it means i have to play rio away to southampton.

i could get chambers/duff in for coloccini before either rise and coloccini likely drops .1.
    or is it worth a hit to get a new keeper and get rid of coloccini? or any other idea's, i'm open to suggestions and realise my defence is quite weak but trying to get by without wildcard for now as i'm relatively happy with the attacking side.

qExO3kB.jpg

I've krul and Dummett and have decided I'm going to take a hit to get rid of krul for either Forster or ddg. I'll hold Dummett for now as at least with the def u don't have to play him every week. If I were in your shoes I'd move out krul first wouldn't be so sure on the hit unless coloccini looks like dropping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I've krul and Dummett and have decided I'm going to take a hit to get rid of krul for either Forster or ddg. I'll hold Dummett for now as at least with the def u don't have to play him every week. If I were in your shoes I'd move out krul first wouldn't be so sure on the hit unless coloccini looks like dropping.

good advice, cheers. barring there is no injuries to any of my main players today like di maria, ivanovic or rooney i'll go with Krul out, I only really need to look at a keeper for the next 2 weeks as I'll be wildcarding then I'd imagine and with 2 home games DDG looks like a good shout.
    Plus he's someone I could see myself keeping for a bit so if I chose not to wildcard I wouldn't mind haning onto him after the 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Rooney playing deep means I will be moving him on. And I will be bringing di Maria in for ramsey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Rooney to Aguero me thinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

While I'm currently in extreme easily influenced with every passing moment mode during the United match I think I know what my transfers are going to be.

As of now it looks like I'll do at somestage this week:

Mata -> ADM
    Ramsey -> Sterling
    Caulker -> Duff/Moore

I've got 2 free transfers so would be for -4. At that point I'd either have .6 or .7 in the bank so could go Rooney -> Falcao too but might hold that transfer a week.

Anyway another 45 minutes and the 4pm games for me to find more shiny toys to play with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭RQ2013

Di Maria in for Ramsey for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Will be getting in either Pelle or Ulloa for Naismith. Probably Ulloa because he has better fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Either Sterling or Tadic for Mata.. thinking tadic for this week, sterling long term

Would love to be able to get Kun in for Rooney but would mean having to downgrade a few defenders....

Rooney looks like he'll play deeper now but should still get a fair few goals and assists. Kun is a goal scoring machine but can't stay fit...

Decisions decisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

RQ2013 wrote: »
    Would love to be able to get Kun in for Rooney but would mean having to downgrade a few defenders....

Rooney looks like he'll play deeper now but should still get a fair few goals and assists. Kun is a goal scoring machine but can't stay fit...

Decisions decisions

the question is, are you defenders returning what they should be for the price tag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Hi All Can anyone tell me if this means I still have 1 transfer to make this gameweek? Is it the bug that was mentioned?

Transfers & Finance
    Total transfers2
    Gameweek transfers1

But my transfer screen says

GAMEWEEK 6 TRANSFERS

Transfers for Gameweek 6 must be confirmed by 27 Sep 11:30.
    You can select a maximum of 3 players from a single team.
    FT ?
    COST
    0PTS
    BANK
    £1.1

Sorry if its a stupid question but am new to playing this!

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ok, I'm doing well so far this season, but I do think my team isn't the best and my captain choices have been nailed on every week. I've decided to play my wildcard.

My current team is:

GK: Mannone, Myhill
    DF: Virgini, Moreno, Hutton, Wisdom, Collins
    MF: Di Maria, Ramsey, Sigurdsson, Fabregas, Wanyama
    FW: Rooney, Costa, Jovetic

My transfers will be:

Moreno -> Bertrand
    Collins -> Chambers
    Sigurdsson -> Sterling
    Wanyama -> Boyd (Going 4.5m to 4.4m)
    Jovetic -> Welbeck

The last transfer I can't make my mind up over. I currently have zero City cover, so I'm thinking of downgrading Ramsey, possibly back to Sigurdsson and then go Rooney -> Aguero.

If not, I'll probably go Rooney -> Falcao, which will leave me with exactly zero in the bank. Don't like Rooney's scoring potential in the 10 role.

Thoughts on best replacement for Rooney with 10.4m to spend? Have Costa and Ade already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

De Gea -> Anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,255 ✭✭✭✭km79

prob won't buy blackett

• Advertisement

defo won't buy blackett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Everyone shying away from Blackett remember, you shouldn't be making transfer decisions based on one performance. I'm bringing in Vardy, Cambiasso and Ulloa this week

sionnach wrote: »
    Everyone shying away from Blackett remember, you shouldn't be making transfer decisions based on one performance. I'm bringing in Vardy, Cambiasso and Ulloa this week

I know you were joking but Ulloa........

km79 wrote: »
    I know you were joking but Ulloa........

Yeah, Vardy looked pretty sharp too, and that Cambiasso lad has some left boot on him...

sionnach wrote: »
    Yeah, Vardy looked pretty sharp too, and that Cambiasso lad has some left boot on him...

I'm serious though Ulloa is a viable option.

km79 wrote: »
    I'm serious though Ulloa is a viable option.

If only he was first choice penalty taker. I am thinking of getting him in though as a cheap midfielder and switching to 3-5-2 instead of 3-4-3, Leicester have a really nice run of fixtures coming. If he looks like rising tonight I could pull the trigger

Edit, why on earth was he a midfielder in my mind. 3-4-3 it is then, Getting rid of Berahino for somebody

Happy enough with my team, so tempted to bank the transfer, but what would people's views be on the Falcao to welbeck?? I already have costa and Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Must. Get. Di Maria
    Possibly Siggy out for him :eek:

Ace2007 wrote: »
    the question is, are you defenders returning what they should be for the price tag

I just can't seem to get my defender picks right... 11 points on the bench with Betrand and Wisdom... Sometimes I hate this game

Right thinking Di Maria, Falcao, Jelavic in, Ramsey, Rooney and Ade out for a 4 point hit

• Advertisement

Must. Get. Di Maria
    Possibly Siggy out for him :eek:

and so the dumping of Siggy begins...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Di maria and chambers in for ramsay and moreno.
    Think moreno will be a great player this year attacking wise pitt pool dont have the defence ti go with it. Will prob get him back in later in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Going to do Adebayor to Welbeck as my second FT this week.
    Defense can wait until next week. Don't have to play Coloccini next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Matic & Balotelli out Di Maria & Ulloa in.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

ASOT wrote: »
    Matic & Balotelli out Di Maria & Ulloa in.

WTF at having Matic in the first place???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Probably mata to Di Maria and maybe Pieters out for somebody who looks like they can keep a clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

DJKendo wrote: »
    WTF at having Matic in the first place???

I put him GW 3 v everton and he got me 12 points, couldnt change him last week and got rid this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ace2007 wrote: »
    and so the dumping of Siggy begins...

Either him or Ramsey. Or I could do Jones out and switch back to 3-5-2. Stupid price rises might force me to decide tonight

Will be selling Naismith and a defender to get Wellbeck or Pelle.

Pelle and Moore or Wellbeck and Chambers?

Really not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

How's this for a WC? 0.3m left in the bank.

6a9cYA.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I will take a -4 now to do Ramsey and Ade to Di Maria and Welbeck before either rises any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Wild card week perhaps, want to offload Rooney, Fletcher and change whole defense!

Happy with midfield of siggy, fab, sterling, tadic and Ramsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Flecktarn wrote: »
    How's this for a WC? 0.3m left in the bank.

6a9cYA.png

That's my attack line bar Di Maria & I'm trying to force Di Maria in by changing a few defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Forster Mc Carthy
    Ivanovic Manquillo Evans Duff Wilson
    Siggy Fab Sterling Tadic Boyd
    Costa Aguero Welbeck

No money in the bank. How does one get Di Maria into this team? I want to take out Tadic for Di Maria but I'd need another 2.2. I have 2 FT and would take a -4 to get him in.

Do I drop Ivanovic or Manq + Evans & go with. 2x 4 mil defenders(can put in a 4.2 or 4.1 def too)

Advise would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Krul out. Dunno who I'll replace him with. Probably some other goalkeeper.

• Advertisement

tom_k wrote: »
    Krul out. Dunno who I'll replace him with. Probably some other goalkeeper.

Good idea.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

2 FT

Ramsey - > Di Maria
    Terry -> Cheap defender

No point investing heavily in Defense this year imo. At least until Jose sorts out the back line.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Am thinking Ramsey and Ade out for Di Maria and Pelle or Welbeck. Can afford to wait until after the midweek games to decide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Best defender 5.6 or under for next 2 GW's only?

barring injury I think I'll bank it
    going to give moreno another week as he gets in good attacking positions
    pieters home to Newcastle so will also get a reprieve
    may move for a saints player week after

• Advertisement
Advertisement