Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 6 transfers thread

• 20-09-2014 9:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭

Feeling trigger happy with the thread opening time today :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'll be bringing costa in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'll be bringing costa in

It will feel good... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Need to get rid of Dummett for another cheapie, probably Moore. Missed the price rise on Duff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

I need some Southampton in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'm likely going to be getting rid of Dier this week and taking my 0.2 profit with me. Not sure who to go for.. Chambers at only 4.5 seems like the most logical option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Sterling or Ramsey out for Di Maria based on UTDs performance tomorrow, who do people think is the safest option to stick with?

My thinking is after Liverpool's horrific performance against Villa Rodgers will not be making the same mistake benching their best player again, well at least until Sturridge is back fit. On the other hand Ramsey is Ramsey and can run amok against anyone! Tough choice :o

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

My FT will be Eric Dier to Callum Chambers no matter how Dier does today.

Can ponder then if I should upgrade Rooney to Aguero for my first (-4) deduction so far this season. I know Man U have a decent run of fixtures coming up, but I'll be happy enough to just have Di Maria for a while yet.

Anyone think it'd be worth the hit? I'm about 65,000 overall in the rankings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

*Must not get Moses*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Why the love for chambers? spurs and chelsea are his next 2 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Ramsey or sanchez out for di maria depending on performance or injury ( Sanchez injured answer s Which is more likely)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

DJKendo wrote: »
    My FT will be Eric Dier to Callum Chambers no matter how Dier does today.

Can ponder then if I should upgrade Rooney to Aguero for my first (-4) deduction so far this season. I know Man U have a decent run of fixtures coming up, but I'll be happy enough to just have Di Maria for a while yet.

Anyone think it'd be worth the hit? I'm about 65,000 overall in the rankings.

Looking at a similar -4. Bardsley to Chambers and Naismith to Aguero. I feel like Kun will explode soon and want to get him in; Pelle against QPR for no hit is tempting though.

Why the love for chambers? spurs and chelsea are his next 2 games.

Spurs haven't scored in the last three North London derbies and his fixtures are nice after Chelsea. Nailed on 4.5m defender in a top 4 side is rare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

sword1 wrote: »
    Ramsey or sanchez out for di maria depending on performance or injury ( Sanchez injured answer s Which is more likely)

Sanches injured according to the GW5 matchday thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What's with the chambers love, Arsenal haven't kept a clean sheet this season, there have Spurs and Chelsea in their next 2 games. The Newcastle lads have a better chance of keeping a clean sheet in their next 2 games imo.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    What's with the chambers love, Arsenal haven't kept a clean sheet this season, there have Spurs and Chelsea in their next 2 games. The Newcastle lads have a better chance of keeping a clean sheet in their next 2 games imo.

I'd be looking at what I think will happen from here rather than what's happened. Over the course of the season I'd fancy arsenal to be in the top 6 for clean sheets. Didn't move for chambers myself in the end but I think for 4.5 he is a great shout. He is a cheap def so can just be benched for the Chelsea game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

May do Ade to Welbeck now. NLD on Saturday, perfect stage for Welbeck to make himself a hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jovetic to Welbeck for me. Rooney to Aguero the week after, injuries permitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I have two free transfers this week. Pretty certain I'll be doing Ramsey and Adebayor to Di Maria and Welbeck. I may then take a -4 to get rid of either Krul or Coloccini.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Krul isn't looking viable anymore.. Best keeper at most 5.0?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Krul isn't looking viable anymore.. Best keeper at most 5.0?

Forster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭dahat

2 transfers needed for Pelle, have to do it, getting too far behind in a private league till Xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Have 2 trannys but happy with my team and still have my WC

Clean up my bench - Isgrove and El Ahmadi out for 2 others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Have 2 trannys...

There's a DVD I don't want for Christmas! ;)

Welbeck to rise another .2 this week on the back of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wanted to get Ozil in and now seems like the right time. Ramsey > Ozil

Costa on 58% ownership.. Has any player ever had such a high %?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Costa on 58% ownership.. Has any player ever had such a high %?

Ramsey had over 60% last season. And I wasn't playing in the days of Ronaldo, Henry and Lampard but I'd say they had similar ownership levels back when they were raking in the points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Southampton defender in for pieters or possibly even moreno depending on tonights game
    Luis Enrique lurking on the bench and champions league week after next has me worried ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Looking at using my 2 free transfers to get Krul and chester out.

Possibly for Mannone, and maybe duff/ N Taylor. Anyone else worth looking at? The defender will be mostly bench fodder, but would be decent if they were capable of clean sheets an odd time or even to rise in price a few times. Want to drop chester before he goes down in value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

have 2 dud defenders i need rid of, coloccini and rio ferdinand, i've already lost .1 on rio so might get coloccini gone first before he loses his .1.

most likely duff or chambers in.

i have a newcastle keeper combo too so getting tempted to wc but trying to hold out for the international break, similar to last season i've got off to a horror start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Might downgrade Ramsey or Siggy to a cheap midfielder so I can upgrade Naismith to Welbeck.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    have 2 dud defenders i need rid of, coloccini and rio ferdinand, i've already lost .1 on rio so might get coloccini gone first before he loses his .1.

i have a newcastle keeper combo too so getting tempted to wc but trying to hold out for the international break, similar to last season i've got off to a horror start!

newcastle have been a disaster pardew has lost the crowd and its inevitable he is going to be sacked a loss today would have sped up the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'll probably get Wellbeck in depending on how Naismith does tomorrow.

For anyone looking for Southampton defensive cover, Clyne is 5.2 (and I'd say he's likely to rise again), but Bertrand is only 5.0 and from watching their last few games, I think he'll outscore Clyne over the season because he's getting forward much more often and his balls into the box are very dangerous indeed.

Hogey007 wrote: »

Coloccini not in danger of falling any time soon. I'm still going to sell though. Maybe next week.
    newcastle have been a disaster pardew has lost the crowd and its inevitable he is going to be sacked a loss today would have sped up the process.

You'd never know what Ashley will do. All he wants is Premier league survival.

It looks like Di Maria is going up again tonight (certainly according to FISO who were the only ones to correctly predict his last rise)

I think I'll move to do Ramsey -> Di Maria tonight.

Edit: Done!

After tomorrows games I'll likely do Ade -> Welbeck

• Advertisement

Mario to costa once costa gets through tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

sterling in for mata for me.. there both 8.8 anyone know when sterling may go up again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

rambo to either fab or di maria

gonna stick with pelle schneid and clyne for the next couple of months
    their run of game looks so easy
    having no utd attack could kill me tomorrow

0-0 please

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    sterling in for mata for me.. there both 8.8 anyone know when sterling may go up again?

He's pretty far away since more people transferred him out this past week

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've got 2 to play with. I'll probably still get rid of Caulker, although Bardsley and Coloccini could give him a run for his money.

Ramsey and Mata will be under scrutiny too but I'll have a good think this week. Plenty can happen tomorrow to influence my thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Thinking of doing Chester to Chambers.
    Just wondering if Arsenal are playing midweek (in the league cup).
    If not I'll do it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Keller Bear

AdMMM wrote: »
    For anyone looking for Southampton defensive cover, Clyne is 5.2 (and I'd say he's likely to rise again), but Bertrand is only 5.0 and from watching their last few games, I think he'll outscore Clyne over the season because he's getting forward much more often and his balls into the box are very dangerous indeed.

This was mentioned on the FFS website... I think their podcast actually. Over the last games, Bertrand - according to stats and positional movement - was the more dangerous of the two. Was thinking of doubling up myself.

Thinking of doing Chester to Chambers.
    Just wondering if Arsenal are playing midweek (in the league cup).
    If not I'll do it tonight.

We play Southampton on Tuesday. Normally I would say Chambers won't start but am struggling to come up with a reserve backline, so it might be something like this:

Gibbs--Chambers--Hayden--Bellerin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Posada wrote: »
    I need some Southampton in my life.

I have two on the bench this week with 12 between them, out scoring my two Swansea players by 8 points, didn't see that one coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any chance of Pelle rising tonight? Getting him in but needs two moves.

I'd rather wait to sell Pieter's and Naismith than move tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

We play Southampton on Tuesday. Normally I would say Chambers won't start but am struggling to come up with a reserve backline, so it might be something like this:

Gibbs--Chambers--Hayden--Bellerin

Thanks.
    Will leave it until after that match so just incase.
    Hopefully Chester wont drop.

I've got a front three on Welbeck Aguero and Costa.. Took a punt on Welbeck at 6.9 and will keep him around as I think he will get a few goals. The other two are no brainers. My main issue now is lack it Utd attacking cover. Like many, I'm considering replacing Tamsey with Di Maria which would mean downgrading a defence of Manquillo (out!) Moore duff alderweirald (who didn't play today) and Azpil ( good player but is 6.0 too much for what I'm getting)... Have 0.0 in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

what do you reckon is the best way to go about this then? I haven't been on here much this season and def think the absence has played a part in my poor start.

should i get rid of coloccini or get rid of krul/elliot because keeping both means i have to play a newcastle keeper (i originally thought this combo would do me until i wildcarded because newcastle's fixtures looked decent on paper for first few weeks)

I have 2.6 million in the bank, 1 FT. if i go with a new keeper for Krul or elliot it means i have to play rio away to southampton.

i could get chambers/duff in for coloccini before either rise and coloccini likely drops .1.
    or is it worth a hit to get a new keeper and get rid of coloccini? or any other idea's, i'm open to suggestions and realise my defence is quite weak but trying to get by without wildcard for now as i'm relatively happy with the attacking side.

qExO3kB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

G1032 wrote: »

I think I'll move to do Ramsey -> Di Maria tonight.

Edit: Done!/quote]

Why? Di Maria could get ebola tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    Any chance of Pelle rising tonight? Getting him in but needs two moves.

I'd rather wait to sell Pieter's and Naismith than move tonight.

Seems possible, FISO have him at 98%. Going by last night they've been more accurate that Total FPL who had nobody to rise last night, their %s seem to be way too low. Both sites showing similar NTI but FISO %s much higher.

Strangely Pelle is showing over 20k NTI today, with Welbeck only 14 to 15k.

• Advertisement
Advertisement