Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Subtitles

Options
  • 16-06-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

I'm watching Capital D with my parents. We are using the subtitles because the old man is a bit deaf and I have to say that they are crap subtitles. On occasion they bear no relation to what is been said. So I'm hearing one thing, while he is reading something different.

The spelling is awful, jealousy ended up as "gel see". And complete sentences left out.

My dad said that tonight is mild compared to other nights. One night he said that Abbeyleix was renamed to Abbie leaks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I know the BBC etc. use voice recognition stuff for live subtitles and that sometimes happens, was the programme like or can we assume RTE are too lazy to hire a subtitlist? I've also noticed on imported shows like Desperate Housewives the subtitles are often all capital letters as though they downloaded subtitles online and are using the wrong program to read them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

Oh Yeah, never though of voice recognition software. Mind you I' saw some of the misspelling being retyped, would software do that? :D

Advertisement