Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being taken advantage of.

Options
  • 29-08-2010 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I worked with someone at my current occupation till they tried to cheat the system, got caught and left without handing in any notice or even giving the company the time for an investigating on what he did. It was a certainty that he would have been fired. I had worked an extra day for him. He left before he could return that day to me and as far as the system sees, he worked that day and not me.

I have had a few heated text messages with him and in one he even admits that I worked a day for him and he wouldn't me pay for it and he also admitted he was fired.

I had considered him a friend at the time and I lent him an O2 dongle to help him with looking for work online as in these times, every little bit help. Only he ran me up a massive bill of almost five hundred euros. I recently got that money off him, never in person however, the second time he knew I needed and wanted re-compensation for working that day for him so he sent a buddy of his in to deliver it but he's refusing to pay me the money for working that extra day for him and I seriously need it.

I know where he works and he's just started there as a store manager so there's little chance of me being able to get him fired or get back at him without resorting to violence (that I'm aware of, please correct me if I'm wrong) and going to jail which I can not afford.

Is there anything I can do?

[Edit] I have also considered contacting the company he now works for and informing their head office that he lied on his application form to them. My work colleagues have stated that they will vouch for what I'm saying should I need references. I can't really go into the store he works for and go to the store manager as that's his position so the next one up the food chain would be the regional manager and I have little if any chance of getting into contact with him or her.

Also, everything stated in this post is what happened exactly as it happened so I don't think I could be sued for libel but I am not a lawyer so I'm very unsure of whether or not I should post his name, the company he works for and where he works, as sorely tempted as I am to do so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

To be honest you would be best off leaving this one, Its what 1 work day out of your time??

You hardly want to run into a 3~4 year jail term for GBH assult charges for the sake of it??

Best just let it go TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

I don't want to attack or assault him as I've stated. I just need to the seventy six euros he owes me. And I do mean I need them. After bills, rent etc, I'll have maybe one hundred euros left for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

why aren't you asking your employer for the wages you are due?

According to the system, he worked his day as normal and I didn't work his day.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

According to the system, he worked his day as normal and I didn't work his day.

Sounds like your employer is actually the one taken advantage of you. he obviously does not have any respect for you he he cant even recognize you should be due payment for the day covered.

• Advertisement

That doesn't make any sense. My ex-work colleague got paid for the day of work instead of me.

Advertisement