Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE The Clinic - cancelled

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

I’m watching The Clinic on the RTE Player at the moment. I’m as far as Season 6. The thing that’s really annoyed me so far is characters disappearing without that being adequately explained. For example:

1) At the end of Season 5, Cathy asks Aine to be godmother to her baby. In the next episode at the start of Season 6, Aine is nowhere to be seen at the clinic as the staff gather for the funeral. It’s clear that they wrote Aine’s character out at the end of Season 5, but could they not get the actress back for one important scene? There’s no way Aine wouldn’t have been at the funeral.

2) Mrs Fleming disappeared “for a few months”. Next thing, Dan and Cathy are planning to rent out the basement rooms to healthcare practitioners. Then Lorcan moves in there. Given that Mrs Fleming staying there was such a big deal in earlier seasons (it was a deal made as part of her sale of the clinic after her husband died), this was a really poor brushing under the carpet.

3) Fiona and Richard just disappeared at the same time. Daisy mentions something about the tension between Cathy and Dan being the cause of it, then it’s never mentioned again. Makes no sense because there was always tension between Cathy and someone and it never bothered Fiona or Richard before.

4) Jack disappeared. He’s never mentioned again. We are probably to presume it’s to do with the sexual harassment case, but we have to presume because it certainly isn’t mentioned.

I’ll watch the rest of it either way though 😄 In for a penny…!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

Advertisement