Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Owed wages how to claim

• 13-12-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

The situation is that i took up employment with a company i took a huge gamble and moved away from home etc.. anyway after just one months work they "let me go" as it was worded i got phone call at 12.30pm on a friday and told to leave van back in 15mins and another work colleage would give me lift home no notice period etc... i was promised i would get my p45 and wages asap i kinda knew there would be problems. 6 weeks on and they wont answer my phone calls etc.. and are now claiming they are unhappy with work i did for them and using this as reason not to pay me. to date i have contacted reveune to recover my p45 i have heard no correspondance back from them, also i contacted the labour relations commision and filled out a payment of wages act 1991 form, contacted them and there is a 20 week waiting period their that busy:eek: i dont know were to go from here:confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

Go to the Rights Commissioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mervin J Minky

Kosseegan wrote: »
    Go to the Rights Commissioner.

He already did, you get a hearing with the Rights Commissioner after you submit a "Payment of Wages Act 1991 Form" to the Labour Relations Court.

OP, I've been there as have other posters. All you can do is wait a hope that you are lucky. Unfortunately employers can pretty much do what they like in this country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

Wriet a 21 day letter threatening to petition the High Court for an order winding them up under the Companies Act.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Go and stand outside the business telling everyone who walks in that the company's shafted you. You should get the money quick enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

thanks for replies guys im thinking after christmas landing down to the work location and see what happens if anything:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement