Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda vetting form help please

• 25-08-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

can someone please help!
    i am trying to fill out this form so i went to the local garda station. myself and 3other girls were in court for being drunk as fools 13months ago but the judge waived it and we gave money to the court charity box. the beangarda said not to write it down seen as it wasnt a conviction but why is something tellin me i should still include it. dont get me wrong i dont want to include it but i dont want to not include it incase the beangarda was bein nasty lol! my bad. please help :( what will i do?? add it or not??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

If all the form is asking for is convictions, and you are sure weren't convicted then you don't need to include it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

OP , you would do better to post your question on the Garda Recruitment forum. Be aware that several people on there in the past did not disclose these sort of 'issues' and that brought their applications to a screeching halt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

If you had a solicitor in the District Court ask him/her

If not check with the District Court Clerk.

Even if the Probations Act was applied, while this is not a conviction it may be shown on the Garda Vetting records.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Andrea88

i remember the solicitor on the day telling us that our outcome was as though we were never in court.that because of the line of work we were in it could have caused conseqences so that why she accepted money to the poor box. thanks guys,i'll repost in the other thread. i wish i wasnt such a donkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Plebs

Andrea88 wrote: »
    i remember the solicitor on the day telling us that our outcome was as though we were never in court.that because of the line of work we were in it could have caused conseqences so that why she accepted money to the poor box. thanks guys,i'll repost in the other thread. i wish i wasnt such a donkey

For most purposes this is the case. The "poor box" outcome is not deleted though. And assuming you're arrested, you'll always have an arrest record.

If you're applying to be say, an army officer or a garda, you'll most likely have your application refused. A bad credit rating will have a similar effect.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

delancey42 wrote: »
    OP , you would do better to post your question on the Garda Recruitment forum. Be aware that several people on there in the past did not disclose these sort of 'issues' and that brought their applications to a screeching halt.

I don't think the vetting form refers to her applying to join the gardai, she may be seeking work in an area which requires Garda vetting such as childcare etc, if the form asks about convictions and you were not convicted, then you have no convictions. The Garda application process would consider many things when accessing suitability, and not just a conviction which is what this form is asking!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

delancey42 wrote: »

the Garda vetting form the op is on about is probally for a job that requires vetting such as childcare etc, if the form asks for details of convictions and she has none then that is the correct answer to put down, if they asked if you were ever arrested then that's entirely different and a question likely to be asked of a Garda applicant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

A bad credit rating will have a similar effect.
    We are not in the USA.

Advertisement