Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian restaurant

Options
  • 18-07-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Do you think there is room for a good, reasonably priced, authentic restaurant in Cavan town?

I am seriously considering setting up, but would like some feedback.

Please feel free to tell me what you would like/dislike?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭irish_man

Little Sicily is already there with a good reputation. Delivering lunches to businesses could be a winner. A tomato based pasta dish for €4.95 or so would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mlyj

Little Sicily is the most hit and miss so called Italian restaurant I've every been to.. The only things going for it is location and they are cheap and there always seems to be a shortage of pasta, as in they don't like to give you to much of the stuff... there is definitely room a real Italian restaurant in Cavan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

If you can deliver good service, authentic cooking and try and keep the prices reasonable, you should be able to give little sicily a run for their money. They have some of the most disinterested waiters I have ever ever met. On one ocasion we went for a meal, saw a table of friends and joined them. When I went to pay, I was told "no splitting bills" They were on desert when we arrivede ,FFS! We dont drink, so to be forced to pay a share of the other parties 4/5 bottles of wine wasn't much fun! If you can provide a good service, you will have a great chance. Well, I'll go anyway! Mack in Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spinzes

little Sicily doesn't open for lunch anymore so go for it !!! be great to see another Italian in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mise123

I agree - nice family that own Little Sicily but a little competition would prob be as good for them as for you. We were there with children lately and they had pizza and chips. The plate of chips (which they were sharing) was on a saucer and when we got my husband asked for another plate. The waitress brought him a plate !!!! Then we were charged 3.50 for the tiny little plate of chips!!! Id love another Italian to try out - Also their menu hasn't changed in years!!!!

Have you decided yet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement