Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an post registered letter lost

Options
  • 29-06-2012 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Post lost my registered letter so I filled a claim. First it took few weeks for them to respond that they are processing this claim. Than they sent a letter to person I was sending it to to confirm they did not receive it (which is fine, it just took ages ...) and only then I was asked to send (again) proof of postage.

It's already 2 months and today I got letter, that to finalise this case they ask me to send evidence to support the value of missing book. I had book and some old photographs there. It might seem as low value but photos were more than 50 years old and very valuable to our family. Not a disaster, but still a loss ...

An post says that: Please note that documents are not covered by insurance as such no compesation can be paid in respect of the missing documents.

When I was sending I had it insured to 100euro. I guess I have to look for receipt for photoalbum (very old) and receipt for pictures. Unfortunately I do not have archives like British Royal Family. Do I have a chance to prove it has value to me or is it like everything else that if you cant calculate exact value it has no value?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

do you have the receipt so you can go back to the p.o?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭themiso

I dont anymore as An Post in Dublin has it, I have copy of it tho, but at my local post office I was told I have to deal with Dublin.

Rang them today telling I had quite valuable things in this lost envelope but might have problem in proving exact value of it only to be told I have to use writing communication with them. I was at least expecting free return envelope to be included :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭themiso

themiso wrote: »
    Post lost my registered letter so I filled a claim. First it took few weeks for them to respond that they are processing this claim. Than they sent a letter to person I was sending it to to confirm they did not receive it (which is fine, it just took ages ...) and only then I was asked to send (again) proof of postage.

It's already 2 months and today I got letter, that to finalise this case they ask me to send evidence to support the value of missing book. I had book and some old photographs there. It might seem as low value but photos were more than 50 years old and very valuable to our family. Not a disaster, but still a loss ...

An post says that: Please note that documents are not covered by insurance as such no compesation can be paid in respect of the missing documents.

When I was sending I had it insured to 100euro. I guess I have to look for receipt for photoalbum (very old) and receipt for pictures. Unfortunately I do not have archives like British Royal Family. Do I have a chance to prove it has value to me or is it like everything else that if you cant calculate exact value it has no value?

Plus I paid for insurance, they lost it, non of their business what was inside, even if it was empty, they still lost it, they should pay

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JADMIX

just provide any receipt with an equivalant value of your claim it doesnt matter what the receipt is for, make a receipt even a hand written receipt "from the person you bought from" who is to say you bought in a shop?
    also insurance cover is included in reg mail upto 320 euro, you only pay extra if the value exceeds that amount.

Advertisement