Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID required to get served at Mcdonalds

Options
  • 22-03-2012 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Anyone hear anything about this, haven't been to one in about three years, sounds funny :D ?. Everyone on facebook and twitter are hammering on about it but I can't find a article :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

In Ireland?

I know they sell beer on the continent so THAT would make sense. BUt not in ireland surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I'm calling BS on this one. The more important question would be why you want to eat at MCDs in the first place? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Yeah from now on you can't get a happy meal unless you prove you're under 12 :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I know a couple of people working in Mcdonalds, none of them have mentioned this.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Here is a very crappy picture as proof.
    We would like to inform all customers that from 21st March 2012 our staff are no longer serving food to children under the age of 18.

This change is in line with new regulations set out by the goverment to ban all "junk food" for children in the fight against obesity.

We are no longer allowed to sell Happy Meals or Serve any child or even any adult who may be buying for an underage person.

Id says its bullshiit to be honest, I'm sure there would be more about it before now and something more about the ban if it was legit.
    I mean the US passes some crazy laws but even they aren't that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Why would you need an ID?

Maybe it was a half-assed attempt by a staff member to get someone out the restaurant?

("Oh, you have no ID? Then you'll have to leave. No; it's got nothing to do with the fact that you're buying 1 small coke between 40 of you; after loitering here for 2 hours first.")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

It could be absolute lies but it's trending on twitter and everyones hammering on about it on facebook :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I got refused a Happy Meal once for not reaching the standard of happiness required. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

"Oh hello I'd like to ruin my business unneccessarily."

Sincerely,

McDonald's CEO.

Yup that sounds like something a large multinational would do alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Here is a very crappy picture as proof.

Looks like McDonald's is no longer served to under 18s in an attempt to stop obesity.

That's tremendous if true! :D

How long before the "cool kids" in school will be hiding behind the wall, sharing a packet of Chicken Nuggets?

Or; when will I be asked by a youngster to go into McD's for him and buy a Big Mac for him and his friends?! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

It could be absolute lies but it's trending on twitter and everyones hammering on about it on facebook :D

ooh gee, that must mean it's true then....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Do you want lies with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Trevor451 wrote: »
    The more important question would be why you want to eat at MCDs in the first place? :confused:

Because McD's sell cooked and prepared fast food and people like it. :confused:

By the way, what "New Legislation"? To fight obesity in kids? In America?

The same America which made Pizza a "vegetable" in order to shovel it into kids gobs as part of their 5 a-day? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I'm calling BS on this one. The more important question would be why you want to eat at MCDs in the first place? :confused:

Because their 2 euro double cheese burgers are delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Afaik there are special deals for college students but when you ask for it they look for college id

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

This wouldn't even get on Mythbusters, loada cr@p and defo not true!

Slight chance it could happen in one State with silly laws though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

wexie wrote: »
    ooh gee, that must mean it's true then....
    Hmmm..if you read my op you would see I never claimed it was true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Clearly BS, why even bother making a thread about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Owen_S wrote: »
    Clearly BS, why even bother making a thread about this.

Because hearsay and conjecture are forms of evidence your honour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

That didn't last long, officially BS

That didn't last long, officially BS

Yeah right, as if ANYONE is believing THAT!!!

Advertisement