Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is your Summer viewing schedule?

• 02-07-2011 11:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Schedule right now, but i may add or subtract as i go along, pretty crappy Summer tv tbh :rolleyes: , i'll add The Lying Game, Torchwood and check out Alphas....not interested in yer Mad Men or Damages stuff.

Sunday
    Falling Skies

Monday
    Secret Life Of The American Teenager
    Switched At Birth
    Teen Wolf

Tuesday
    Pretty Little Liars
    The Nine Lives Of Chloe King
    White Collar
    Covert Affairs
    Combat Hospital

Wednesday
    Melissa & Joey
    State Of Georgia
    Franklin & Bash

Thursday
    Rookie Blue
    Love Bites

Friday
    Femme Fatales

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LOL lulz whatever ;) Richard do you speak with an tweenie American accent?

July and August are the dog-days of the TV schedule one is lucky to find anything worth investing any time in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sunday
    Falling Skies

Monday
    Switched At Birth
    Teen Wolf

Tuesday
    Pretty Little Liars

White Collar
    Covert Affairs
    Combat Hospital

Wednesday
    Melissa & Joey
    State Of Georgia
    Franklin & Bash

Thursday
    Rookie Blue
    Love Bites

Friday
    Femme Fatales

Add in Masterchef (USA & AU), Leverage, Burn Notice, Suits and Louie.

Looking forward to Torchwood, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Breaking Bad, Rizzoli & Isles, Damages, Big Brother USA, Alphas, and I'll probably watch the last season of Rescue Me to see how it all ends (despite not watching the last two).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

mike65 wrote: »
    LOL lulz whatever ;) Richard do you speak with an tweenie American accent?

July and August are the dog-days of the TV schedule one is lucky to find anything worth investing any time in.

There are a few startups in July/August...but they generally don't interest me, i just didn't get into Haven, and i *did* try....i watch 7 episodes. Warehouse 13 and Eureka....way too cheesy and poorly written/acted for me.

Mad Men/Damages and yer Rizzoli & Isles fodder...pass, bugger all on, think i'll rewatch Spartacus in 1080p gloryiousnessis :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Add in Masterchef (USA & AU), Leverage, Burn Notice, Suits and Louie.

Looking forward to Torchwood, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Breaking Bad, Rizzoli & Isles, Damages, Big Brother USA, Alphas, and I'll probably watch the last season of Rescue Me to see how it all ends (despite not watching the last two).

If i could recomend one show on my list....Teen Wolf, just give it a try!....it could end up being your "Tower Prep" ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Weeds, True Blood and a few catch-ups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If i could recomend one show on my list....Teen Wolf, just give it a try!....it could end up being your "Tower Prep" ;)

What? Hook me in and leave me bitter and resentful when it gets cancelled with all questions unanswered? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,113 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think that my summer viewing will mostly consist of looking out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Suits
    Neccesary Roughness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

SUITS

Finished Game Of Thrones the other day, way better than I expected! Futurama, True Blood, Falling Skies, Breaking Bad returns July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Louie. That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,033 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Very little to be honest. New series / broadcasts I'm currently watching is True Blood, Masterchef US, Masterchef AU, Masterchef NZ (surely starting soon also? :D), Wilfred.

Breaking Bad (BOO-YAH!) and Curb back this month.

UK series I'm absolutely loving include Luther (though finishing this week) and Sirens (moderately entertaining after one episode). Devastated 'Doctor Who' is off for the Summer. On the Irish TV front, 'Come Dine With Me' is fun if TV3 ever decide to show a new episode.

Playing catch-up on the following:

- Fringe (currently mid-way through season 2. Still hasn't grabbed me as much as I'd hoped to be perfectly honest)
    - Falling Skies (haven't even watched the pilot but gonna start this week)
    - Game Of Thrones (got maybe 2 - 3 episodes into it, and rest is sitting on Sky Box)
    - The West Wing (an unwrapped boxset, and season 5 onwards is a calling this summer)
    - Millennium (got the three seasons on Region 1 DVD on Adverts recently free with the purchase of an iPhone)
    - The Shield (started watching season 2 last Summer, and got distracted by another series)
    - The Wire (started season 3 last year and been meaning to finish it)
    - Torchwood (never seen a single episode but I'm a "Who" convert. Was planning to be caught up for Miracle Day but ain't gonna happen. Judging by general consensus, Children of Earth is the only one worth watching so 2 seasons of mediocrity before that).
    - Bones (started watching it last summer and couldn't warm to it.. this year maybe I'll give it a shot).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Six Feet Under-Halfway through Season 2, thought it was very average but it's picking up again.

The Sopranos-Also halfway through Season 2, great Series.

Carnivale-Only watched the first episode, so gonna watch a few more before making a judgement but does look quite interesting.

Dexter-Watched the first two episodes, and is growing on me. It's odd watching both Six Feet Under and Dexter together, seeing Michael C Hall playing 2 quite different characters.

Big Love-Again, halfway through Season 2. Average series, nothing brilliant but better than most TV Dramas and great performances from the main characters.

Futurama-The Second Half of Season 6 has begun in the States. Better than most comedies on TV, has really picked up.

Community-I watched the Pilot when it first aired and didn't like it so gave up on it. But have heard it has got very good so decided to give it another go.

True Blood-Season 4 has begun in the States. The first episode of the Season didn't get a great reception but I enjoyed it.

Camelot-It's no Game of Thrones but enjoyable all the same.

The Killing (AMC version) is on Channel 4 this week, so will give that a watch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭McBauer

Schedule right now, but i may add or subtract as i go along, pretty crappy Summer tv tbh :rolleyes: , i'll add The Lying Game, Torchwood and check out Alphas....not interested in yer Mad Men or Damages stuff.

Sunday
    Falling Skies

Monday
    Switched At Birth
    Teen Wolf

Tuesday
    Pretty Little Liars
    White Collar
    Covert Affairs
    Combat Hospital

Wednesday
    Melissa & Joey
    State Of Georgia
    Franklin & Bash

Thursday
    Rookie Blue
    Love Bites

Friday
    Femme Fatales

How old are you Richard?

As for what I'll be viewing, Burn Notice and Entourage are the two must see shows this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

McBauer wrote: »
    How old are you Richard?

As for what I'll be viewing, Burn Notice and Entourage are the two must see shows this summer
    The Richard bashing has been done to death around here, time to give it a rest. Everyone has different tastes, and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭McBauer

Dman001 wrote: »
    The Richard bashing has been done to death around here, time to give it a rest. Everyone has different tastes, and all that!

Right, well Im still fairly new here so Im not familar with the "bashing". But the list of programs does suggest that he is quite young. Thats why I asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Weeds
    True Blood
    Entourage (whenever its back)

and maybe the final season of
    Rescue me .....just to see how it finishes

btw
    is there a new pilots sticky???
    A thread just about what new pilots have aired etc??

McBauer wrote: »
    Right, well Im still fairly new here so Im not familar with the "bashing". But the list of programs does suggest that he is quite young. Thats why I asked?

I'm almost 40 and have the hair loss to prove it, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Sunday
    Falling Skies

Monday
    Switched At Birth
    Teen Wolf

Tuesday
    Pretty Little Liars
    White Collar
    Covert Affairs
    Combat Hospital

Wednesday
    Melissa & Joey
    State Of Georgia
    Franklin & Bash

Thursday
    Rookie Blue
    Love Bites

Friday
    Femme Fatales

Terrible lineup

beagle001 wrote: »
    Terrible lineup

Agreed, most of it is fillery stuff i'm not really into or like that much:

Covert Affairs
    Combat Hospital
    Wednesday
    Melissa & Joey
    State Of Georgia
    Franklin & Bash
    Rookie Blue
    Love Bites
    Femme Fatales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Get yourself on to discovery or history channel,they have dome good shows although this is the silly season.

• Advertisement

Right now it's pretty much just Luther and Falling Skies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭brian_t

Main programme I'm looking forward to is the repeat of Twin Peaks (CBS Drama). I haven't this since it's original airing.

Advertisement