Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 silver upgrade valued customer my arse

Options
  • 17-09-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of getting the HTC desire from O2 as a silver upgrade.
    It will cost me 169euro as an upgrade and its 169 for a new customer so hardly doing a so called valued customer any favours:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

funnyclub wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting the HTC desire from O2 as a silver upgrade.
    It will cost me 169euro as an upgrade and its 169 for a new customer so hardly doing a so called valued customer any favours:mad:

I got one for €149 yesterday on silver upgrade with O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

Neilw wrote: »
    I got one for €149 yesterday on silver upgrade with O2.

Your probably on a higher tariff than me.
    But the price isnt the issue to me 169 for the desire I think is cheap.
    The the fact a new customer would get the same price as me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

funnyclub wrote: »
    Your probably on a higher tariff than me.
    But the price isnt the issue to me 169 for the desire I think is cheap.
    The the fact a new customer would get the same price as me.

I had the same issue as you, silver upgrade means nothing. In the end, I left O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

when I was with O2 and was due to get upgrade I was told that if I would wait another month I'll get golden upgrade. after a month I was told the same. during my third conversation with customer Support (2 months later) girl told me that with my bills I'll never get golden upgrade.
    I asked her if that's true that means her two colegaues were lying to me. she said nothing

o2 upgrades are joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

same as voda,a new customer would get any phone same price as me a loyal customer for donkey's year's,really annoying in this country that loyalty doesn't seem to matter any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

jambofc wrote: »
    same as voda,a new customer would get any phone same price as me a loyal customer for donkey's year's,really annoying in this country that loyalty doesn't seem to matter any more.

True that shower of pricks.

jambofc wrote: »

3 give loyalty discounts :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

O2's upgrade options are a joke..

I had a platinum upgrade, there were no phones that O2 were offering that I wanted so I stayed with the one I had.. bills stayed the same, nothing changed.. what happened? They took my platinum upgrade off me and now are giving me a basic minimum upgrade with my phone..

To say I'm p*ssed off is an understatement :mad:

I was looking at a smart phone, possibly the iPhone or HTC Desire, but the iPhone was €249 and the HTC upgrade has suddenly jumped from €89 a week ago to €169 for no reason.. are these guys for real??? :rolleyes:

I should have moved to Vodafone when I had the chance to get an iPhone for €79.. next time an offer like that comes up, I wont be waiting..

O2 will be losing my business soon and I'll be encouraging my family, all 5 of them and my fathers business accounts to move their custom elsewhere as they are not happy with O2's service and upgrades either..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

People need to take into context their bills also though, if your not someone whose spending alot of dosh, then for them to be rewarding you, there really is no point.

Meteor for me have always been solid in rewards, if ever I'm having hassle they identify my length of time with the company without me even saying, and I usually get some little on the sly deal over the phone that you wouldnt get in the shops.

I literally can see myself never leaving my current tarrif its that good, but they were so nice about it they cancelled my 18 mnth contract and said if I was unhappy I'd be free to go whenever just let them know ;)

Phone upgrades have never been great unless you were on a solid high paying tarriff. Bill phones and their upgrades used to be good, but nowadays there is so many good bill options the phone upgrades have been removed.

I'd rather be on my current tariff indefinitly and pay the extra few bob for a phone, rather then the other way round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

Have to agree with the sentiments above - i'm on a really cheap tarrif but i've had the same phone for 3 years now - the upgrade options are really terrible.

When you add into the mix what the other networks (not VF, but three and Meteor) offer for a similar price, O2 have lost the plot competitively wise.

So i'm off as soon as my contract runs out at xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

mollser wrote: »
    Have to agree with the sentiments above - i'm on a really cheap tarrif but i've had the same phone for 3 years now - the upgrade options are really terrible.

When you add into the mix what the other networks (not VF, but three and Meteor) offer for a similar price, O2 have lost the plot competitively wise.

So i'm off as soon as my contract runs out at xmas.

If you have the same phone for the last three years why did you renew your contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Or why didnt you get out of contract like everyone else a few months back?

He may have not been on the advance plans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

Yeah, i know - I was on a really old legacy plan, €15 p/m with 100 texts and €5 worth of calls - it was there 5th time trying to get me to change to the €20 plan, and because it was lunch, i was in a good mood, and was just trying to get her off the phone, i relented - then she drops in, oh by the way, thats another 12 month contract your bound into.

Moment of stupidity on my behalf, so will be leaving once its up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ritualmagic

Just spoke to an O2 agent...

Basically, I am due a silver upgrade today, which would allow me to buy the iPhone 4 16Gb for €259 on an 18-month contract. If I stay on my existing plan until my "spend" reaches €900, I can have it for €199 (by which time the blasted things will be given away free inside promotional packets of Hula Hoops).

So with a silver upgrade, I get a price plan that is already available to customers who have spent not a brass ha'penny with the company?

I've decided to move to Vodafone. They may not be any better than O2 in this regard, but it's a fairly no-brain decision money-wise. €149 for the phone, pretty much the same plan I'm on with O2 now... Why on earth would I even DREAM of giving another €960 (€60 per month over 18 months - and €259 for the phone!) to a company who have no interest in looking after their existing customers?

Even the agent I spoke to admitted in the end that I'm better off to switch. Gotta wonder what ****ing genius thought that this was a good idea?

RM.

Advertisement