Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyconnell , need info

Options
  • 09-02-2013 1:35am
    Site Banned Posts: 46

Can anyone tell me any info concerning this place.Im thinking of buying property in it as my main residence thou ill only be staying in it 3 days a week. Im wanting to know is there much anti social behaviour going on in the place and if so, what areas to stay out of. I was actully thinking of buying a cheap house in ballymote but heard bad stories of the estate where i was looking so ive now changed my mind and am looking at ballyconnell now. You see im on the road most the time and have some cash to buy a cheap house before i piss the money up against the wall and these two places have thrown up property that i like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

blops2013 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me any info concerning this place.Im thinking of buying property in it as my main residence thou ill only be staying in it 3 days a week. Im wanting to know is there much anti social behaviour going on in the place and if so, what areas to stay out of. I was actully thinking of buying a cheap house in ballymote but heard bad stories of the estate where i was looking so ive now changed my mind and am looking at ballyconnell now. You see im on the road most the time and have some cash to buy a cheap house before i piss the money up against the wall and these two places have thrown up property that i like
    There is a thread on BallyConnell from a few weeks ago in this forum(probably a few threads down)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Gee_G wrote: »
    There is a thread on BallyConnell from a few weeks ago in this forum(probably a few threads down)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056173862

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Thanks, can't post links on my phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 oneofmany

Words of advice from a person that actually lived in that area when times where good keeping in mind. This is not the time to buy property in a place like Ballyconnell. In fact its not the time to buy property anywhere in Ireland. Property for sale at those prices that landlords and property owners put them up for have been gotten from space!
    Houses lets take for example a four bed detached house in a Rural area that would have gone at such tremendous prices about seven years ago. You remember those times, where u walked into a bank asked for a loan and came out with two million. About a week ago i just so happened to be driving through Ballyconnell and believe me its the exact opposite of how it used to be. Houses not finished and wearing away, because the price ain't right! It's like a ghost town.
    A very good example is Mr Sean Quinn , a very well-known man millioner or billionaire. Now a man with depts, a man that lost his hotel and companies. As you've probably you have seen aswell, not so well in with Anglo Irish Bank.
    All I can say is think before you buy any property in that area.

Advertisement