Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Customer Service in Ireland

Options
  • 27-01-2009 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have a number, in Ireland, for Dell Customer Services? I am sick and tired of months of meaningless conversations with Gupta and unanswered e-mails to Sanji. I would just like to have a reasonable conversation with a real person.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

bmaxi wrote: »
    Does anybody have a number, in Ireland, for Dell Customer Services? I am sick and tired of months of meaningless conversations with Gupta and unanswered e-mails to Sanji. I would just like to have a reasonable conversation with a real person.

They are real people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

believe it or not ,them calls can be really helpful.
    I ended up with a new part in my machine within a couple of days of contacting dell ,through the call centre your talking about.

call centre person logged onto my machine and could see what the problem was for themselves ,couple of days later an engineer called out with the part and presto.

insist on them logging onto your machine to see the problem ,let them have a look around and see whats going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

311 wrote: »
    believe it or not ,them calls can be really helpful.
    I ended up with a new part in my machine within a couple of days of contacting dell ,through the call centre your talking about.

call centre person logged onto my machine and could see what the problem was for themselves ,couple of days later an engineer called out with the part and presto.

insist on them logging onto your machine to see the problem ,let them have a look around and see whats going on.

The problem I have, though to do with a faulty machine, is more of a warranty dispute. Once you have given them the control no and they see the machine is, technically, out of warranty then they just refer to an E- mail address. Contacting this e-mail address has, so far, proved a fruitless excercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Have read in other threads that you can avail of an extended warranty through dell and get it sorted that way.
    As far as I know it was far cheaper than going down the pay for repair route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

bmaxi wrote: »

My Laptop needs fixing out of warranty and I found them very helpful. In fact emailing an Indian guy right now over the price of a part. That is my problem with Dell. Their parts outside warranty are a rip off especially on Laptops. My Nvidia card in my XPS 1710 broke and they want 380 for it. Apparently 310 of it is the part cost.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Here is some info care of the Irish companies registration office: http://www.cro.ie/en/homepage.aspx
    The numbers correspond to their filing system but the addresses will help you with an operator in tracking down a right number.

34ziwl4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Just rang them and I got the oddest message saing they had all left the building to check the evacuation procedures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Still evacuated, longest evacuation in history

Advertisement