Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

returning phone to meteor?

Options
  • 01-07-2012 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey I bought a phone from meteor shop on monday, earlier today it stopped working when i was trying to update it with different firmware. the screen has became blank and it won't turn on and it is totally bricked. the shop is opened monday when I go in monday would they have to send it off or would I be able to get a new one straight off them or will they have to send it off? I only got it last week.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Hey I bought a phone from meteor shop on monday, earlier today it stopped working when i was trying to update it with different firmware. the screen has became blank and it won't turn on and it is totally bricked. the shop is opened monday when I go in monday would they have to send it off or would I be able to get a new one straight off them or will they have to send it off? I only got it last week.
    Was this a firmware from the makers of the phone and if so was it certified to work on the phone?

If the answer is no to either of those questions you don't have the right to any new phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Even if its yes it could be user error in the way you updated the phone.

I suggest being very polite - quite careful what you say - and let them do what ever they do ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JADMIX

I bough a phone from carphone warehouse last year and it was on meteor, the service was crap (signal) and i returned it within the 10 day period, maybe you are entitled to do the same,the 10 day return was not carphone it was meteor because it was a contract phone. so was able to give phone back and cancel contract. I was just charged for the calls i made (less than 2 euro)

Advertisement