Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ellen Films Show In Ireland For St. Patrick's Day

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Do we really want to expose Dublin city centre on Paddys day to the rest of the world ?

scumbag kids pissst out of their brains will not reflect well on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

EarlERizer wrote: »
    4 pages in and still no mention of ............ 'the craic' !!

Surely that was the appeal for this peice?

:D
    Well I mentioned red carpet and got nothing, maybe its the day that's in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

bamboozle wrote: »
    if it attracts a few thousand extra tourists to these shores i'm not too bothered how we come across on american TV!

I am actually quite bothered by this.
    So we act the clown and throw away all dignity just for some Americans to go 'aw how adorable these simple Irish folk are' and throw us some money?

What about self-respect? Does money have to trump everything?

BTW the whole 'twinkling eyed' green leprechaun stereotype was made-up by the Brits in the 19th century, It's entirely manufactured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Kept an eye out for this after I seen this thread.

Below is the video they showed on Ellen. Have to say that I was surprised at how good Ireland came across in the piece. I think it will help boost tourism from the states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

not much wrong with that video, showed Ireland for being Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Jaysus Ireland came across fairly good in that clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Savage Henry

Senator David "Morris". :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,109 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

. I think it will help boost tourism from the states.

If we take all their money from them and max out their credit cards just after they get off the plane, we can send them straight back again, and they'll be able to tell their pals that they had an authentic Irish holiday experience.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There was even a Boardsie in it. Nice bloke and one time employee of the company even. Jayzuz they get everywhere. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Wibbs wrote: »
    There was even a Boardsie in it. Nice bloke and one time employee of the company even. Jayzuz they get everywhere. :D

Like sand. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,109 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

She was only interested in Ireland because she thought she had lots of relatives here, until she realised that she misheard the word degenerates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

Was that Darragh from boards ? (4.42)....looks like him from his twitter picture :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Was that Darragh from boards ? (4.42)....looks like him from his twitter picture :)
    Explosions wins the prize.*

* may not include a prize...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Sindri wrote: »
    Like sand. ;)
    Sand is one helluva poster I'll have you know. No really. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Anita Blow wrote: »
    Jaysus Ireland came across fairly good in that clip.

It did because Failte Ireland probably paid for it or certainly helped organise it. For this reason they probably insisted on been given the final call on the edit.

They would have been stupid not to after the 3 men and a boat Dara O'Brien debacle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

Wibbs wrote: »
    Explosions wins the prize.*

* may not include a prize...
    There was a price...

Nope :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

It did because Failte Ireland probably paid for it or certainly helped organise it. For this reason they probably insisted on been given the final call on the edit.

They would have been stupid not to after the 3 men and a boat Dara O'Brien debacle.

Aer Lingus actually paid for the trip. Failte Ireland would have a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

jesus he needs to hit the iron or something, or start pigging out on pizza at least, rake thin. i thought he was a junkie until he started talking

inb4 ban

Rake thin? Speaking as a member of the thin set, I prefer to call it "pleasantly aerodynamic", or "not a fat bastid"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Sindri wrote: »
    Well, I don't think she's he's funny and I don't really like her his show but it could be good for tourism; or a huge cringefest.

Sorry OP, but I just had to correct the clear error you made RE:gender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Randomer.

^
    :rolleyes:

David Morris? Poor guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

David Morris? Poor guy.
    I was sure Morris was going to mount Andy with the looks he was giving him!

Funny stuff though!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trollin trollin trollin

Sorry OP, but I just had to correct the clear error you made RE:gender.

For anyone who's curious here's what ellen looked like with long hair in the early 90s...

Advertisement