Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That 70s show

• 04-07-2011 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Watching it in fits and starts whenever it was on, got a lend of a few dvd box sets and thought it was very good, it started to lose steam around the later seasons but still one of my favourite shows. Eric, Hyde, Kelso,Bob,Midge, leo and Red were my favourite characters, especially red. The episode where red gets high on brownies is great. What did the rest of ye think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

One of the best comedies ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Red Foreman is an hero of mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I've been watching it again lately, they are repeating it all on SKY at the minute! Kitty Rules :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

The early seasons are absolutely brilliant, but it gets really poor as it goes on, to the point of being unwatchable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Red and his obsession with foot in ass is legendary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Oh I love this! Have all the boxsets and love to dip in sometimes when i need a good laugh, and it never fails! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Epic if only for helping Mila Kunis get famous...... Mila Kunis.... *drools*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The early seasons are absolutely brilliant, but it gets really poor as it goes on, to the point of being unwatchable.

It started to go down hill around season 5.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

One of the few US sitcoms I enjoy.

Worth watching for Donna alone. :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, I used to catch bits of this in RTE/Network 2 during the summer years ago (at like, what, 2am or something? Idiotic timetable). Thought it was hilarious so picked up some of the boxsets and seen it all, then in the end.

It's essential viewing for anyone who wants to be in the film/TV Business. It starts off so fantastically good and ends so miserably badly (I quite literally watched the last season because I felt like I had to, just because I seen the previous ones).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

only reasons youll ever need to watch that 70s show
    laura_6.jpgmila_kunis_0018.jpg
    smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Great comedy and I still watch repeats occasionally. Like most long running shows it lost its way in the last couple of seasons. Season 8 was attrocious with
    Randy replacing Eric, Kelso only making a handful of appearances and Hyde marrying a stripper

Bob and red were great throughout, leo was underrated. I didn't like how fez in the later seasons i don't know why, how is his voice so different in season 8? When they left high school it started to wane a bit. Eric looked very young up until season 6, he got much older then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cracker of a show - fantastic comedy. Last season was dreadful and the previous few weren't great, but when it was on form, it was the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

don ramo wrote: »
    only reasons youll ever need to watch that 70s show
    laura_6.jpgmila_kunis_0018.jpg
    smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

+1

or +4 depending on what you're counting :D

donna was much better as a redhead though.

I always liked that they kept bob on the show, him and red were great together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

3e show about 6 episodes of it back to back every sat afternoon#

Also have to agree with 120_Minutes donna was way better as a red head

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Fraher91

I think the series started to go downhill when eric started to look a lot older and probably around when fez and laurie married. Still a great show, really liked the characters, especially fez.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

3e have a double bill of this every weeknight at seven.

its pretty much staple backround noise for me even though its got to be the third time theyve just let the whole series loop as theres usually something funny in the episodes at hand.

red is my favourite though.

stroke of genius to make the bad guy from robocop the kids dad

:):):)

you really buy into eric and reds reltionship and i think thats half the show, theres genuinely a lot of subtlty to it.

the one where red was stoned was a great laugh. ive got a soft spot for the one where he corners kelso in the garage when he finds out he's dating laurie.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Always liked red, brilliant at being miserable towards eric and the other teenagers but a good father at the end of it. I'm glad they kept bob in it till the end.

I've only watched a few episodes of series 8 but i heard that red and kitty were the highlights of that series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Red Foreman one of the greatest charactors ever! as for Mila Kunis man i could just lick her all over!

Advertisement