Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is The Frontline not The Frontline

Options
  • 04-07-2011 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

With Pat on holidays it seems Pat didnt want RTE having his show on without him.. So they have Keelin Shanley in Pat's role, in Pat's studio, hosting Pat's show, with a show of exactly the same format.. but they are calling it Prime Time...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Surprised its on at all, this being the official RTE silly season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Keelin Shanley as much as I dislike her in that rubbish consumer affairs show with knob hobs, and on prime time is a damn sight better than Pat Kenny in this role I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

With Pat on holidays it seems Pat didnt want RTE having his show on without him.. So they have Keelin Shanley in Pat's role, in Pat's studio, hosting Pat's show, with a show of exactly the same format.. but they are calling it Prime Time...
    It's like air force one, it's only called that when the presidents on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Damn got there before me.

Prime Time: An Audience Discussion why not just rename it The 11th Hour: Extra Time so you thought there would be change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's like air force one, it's only called that when the presidents on board.

lol.. Well I was wondering if maybe Pat has some clause in his contract that only he can present The Frontline.. It was funny cos Keelin was forthright in telling us at the start "Welcome To PRIME TIME".. and then during the last break, the continuity lad said "After The Frontline, Vanessa Williams traces her roots".. lol

I thought Keelin did well.. I disagree with calex, dont think she was better than Pat, but for her first run at it she certainly did a more than adequate job..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

lol.. Well I was wondering if maybe Pat has some clause in his contract that only he can present The Frontline.. It was funny cos Keelin was forthright in telling us at the start "Welcome To PRIME TIME".. and then during the last break, the continuity lad said "After The Frontline, Vanessa Williams traces her roots".. lol

I thought Keelin did well.. I disagree with calex, dont think she was better than Pat, but for her first run at it she certainly did a more than adequate job..

They should at least give her pat's desk. She looked like a school teacher.

Advertisement