Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desire HD/Desire Z Pricing and Availability

• 25-09-2010 3:47pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping to get on the Android bandwagon next month and was wondering if anyone can shed light on when either of these handsets might be available on Irish networks.

Release dates are specified at October 14th but that information is mostly coming from UK or International sites.

I assume the prices/plans will be similar or slightly more than current Desire prices?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Meteor announced a few days ago that they will be releasing them mid october.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 eoinmn

hi eskimo,

i spoke to a guy in the meteor online store on friday and he advised they should have them either in late october or early november. he couldn't give a price as of yet and neither could i put my name down on a reserve list. said i'll just have to call back. i'm sure demand will outstrip supply. as for the other networks am not sure...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Cheers folks. Am on O2 at the moment meself, my missus and most of my mates are O2 aswell so I'm anticipating their pricing but will switch if they aren't giving any value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

HTC Desire HD is priced at £469.99 at Amazon.co.uk and Play.com and will be available from both starting 11 October 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bugzy

it will be around 600 sim free...they always are :) even though while their cheaper abroad we always get ripped of anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just popped over to Amazon to order the HD, still wondering do I really want it as the N900 is fantastic device but I just cant help feeling left behind in the apps market and more.. as time goes on I feel more let down by it and them.. thanks Nokia. :(

Still have time to kill the order if I change my mind. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hurley6969

god's toy wrote: »
    Just popped over to Amazon to order the HD

Were you charged £483.99 or £469.99?
    I had a look at buying one and on the site it says £469.99 but at the checkout it is £483.99. I thought it might have been for delivery but thats free inc. shipping it Ireland under that super saver thing.

Hmm just looking now it's showing up as GBP 489.63 but I didnt use ther supersaver.

Could it be irish VAT??

:confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Yea - I think amazon adjust the VAT rate for Ireland because they have a distribution centre in Dublin somewhere I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hurley6969

489.63 is price for the standard shipping the 483.99 is the super saver price. Didn't know that about the VAT but even at 483.99 it seems to be the cheapest out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

god's toy wrote: »
    Just popped over to Amazon to order the HD, still wondering do I really want it as the N900 is fantastic device but I just cant help feeling left behind in the apps market and more.. as time goes on I feel more let down by it and them.. thanks Nokia. :(

Still have time to kill the order if I change my mind. :P

In the same boat. The N900 is a super device but I feel that Nokia have shown it (and those who bought it) little or no support and the less said about the apps the better. Desire HD is very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

namloc1980 wrote: »
    In the same boat. The N900 is a super device but I feel that Nokia have shown it (and those who bought it) little or no support and the less said about the apps the better. Desire HD is very tempting.

me too. I have the N97. It has it's issues but I like it. But 100% agree the support and apps is why I will be getting a Desire HD.

Nokia which is already in trouble will be out of business if they don't do something and quick !!!

You know what? its time to jump off that fence and conferm to myself I have to start letting Nokia go...

I have been playing with wifes Samsung GS and its just blows me away...
    it is what the 900 was suppose to be even if its more closed to hacking...

Thats it, I will be jumping ship to the HD as soon as Amazon send it to me.

NOKIA, you gave us the wonderful N900 and turned your back on it.
    N900, we will always have gpodder (and the FM transmitter)
    its not me, its you! and its time to move on.

Now hope to all things holy its not delayed like the n900 was...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Hey, does anyone have any idea if/how early before the official release on 11th, will any impartial testers get their hands on these, like any of the various gadget websites?

I want to read a review of the new camera/dual-flash and battery before I shell out my cash... but I don't like waiting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bugzy

it probably wont be delayed...around the world :) just in Ireland :) and expect high shortages :)

Advertisement