Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thoughts on froyo compatibility issues?

Options
  • 17-08-2010 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭

HI all,
    I am desperate to find a sat nav that can work on froyo.
    also flash 10 is an issue where by get a area on website stating that i do not have it downloaded and it is required to view etc.
    any positives about froyo at all????
    john

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Google navigation works great, if the maps are up-to-date.

Do you have Flash enabled in the browser settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭seanin4711

hi there!
    needs web access whilst on the go!
    costly if you ask me especially while abroad!
    slan

ps how do i enable flash in opera or default htc browser?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

if you're going abroad just buy a vodafone ready to go sim and use vodafone live as the apn

anyone try the 30 days free navigon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

copilot works with froyo aswell.

• Advertisement

as above!
    I thought co pilot was very user friendly until i updated to froyo and nada!!!
    "copilot cannot read something or other" when it goes to load up.
    real pity!
    where can you get copilot for froyo?
    slan
    s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

oh yeah, sry, i'd forgotten about the compatibility issues. It seemed to take them ages to bring out a froyo compatable version.

did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version from the market, i'm assuming thats compatable at this stage??

I had to manually install the apk from here, cause it wasn't on the market at the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

if you're going abroad just buy a vodafone ready to go sim and use vodafone live as the apn
    Why? Do Vodafone have better roaming data rates, or a deal where you're not roaming but using local data?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Why? Do Vodafone have better roaming data rates, or a deal where you're not roaming but using local data?

I think Vodafone currently have a deal where data roaming is charged at local rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im using CoPilot on Froyo without a problem.Used Navigon on it without issue too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I think Vodafone currently have a deal where data roaming is charged at local rates.
    Any pointers on where I can find out more about this? Heading on holidays this weekend and 'net access would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

Any pointers on where I can find out more about this? Heading on holidays this weekend and 'net access would be great.

A friend of mine told me about that as well when I acquired the data hungry Desire. Think this thread is the one you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

seanin4711 wrote: »
    HI all,
    I am desperate to find a sat nav that can work on froyo.
    also flash 10 is an issue where by get a area on website stating that i do not have it downloaded and it is required to view etc.
    any positives about froyo at all????
    john

Sygic Mobile Maps 10 works ok with froyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Google maps navigation turn by turn directions will work as long as you have data at start of your journey.

All the turns/junctions are cached at the beginning of the journey. It won't give you a zoomed in version of the map when your outside wifi/3g coverage though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

hardCopy wrote: »
    Google maps navigation turn by turn directions will work as long as you have data at start of your journey.

All the turns/junctions are cached at the beginning of the journey. It won't give you a zoomed in version of the map when your outside wifi/3g coverage though

Thanks. I didn't know that..

Advertisement