Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire - Speaker phone issue.

Options
  • 16-06-2010 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

When ever i make a call, my Desire automatically goes to speaker phone.
    Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know how to turn this off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I had this a few times but it stopped by it self.i thought i mite have been touching the screen with my face and just knocking it on.
    the speaker is **** on the desire aswel worst feature on the fone.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭igor420

yabadabado wrote: »
    I had this a few times but it stopped by it self.i thought i mite have been touching the screen with my face and just knocking it on.
    the speaker is **** on the desire aswel worst feature on the fone.

Yea, its a weird one. Every time i answer the phone or make a phone call I have to turn it off speaker phone from the in call screen.

I have tried installing Dialer one but it didnt make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Im having the same issue, might be an idea to see what software we are using in common, ill post a list tomorrow

Just an update on this, have wiped and rooted my phone and updated to 2.2 and the bloody thing is still doing it? Anyone got any clue what may be causing this?:mad:

Sorry lads, I should have updated this issue.

I fixed this by shutting down the phone, taking out the battery, putting it back in and turning it on again. A guy on the xda forums showed me the method and it worked first time.

Let me know if it works for you guys.

• Advertisement

igor420 wrote: »
    Sorry lads, I should have updated this issue.

I fixed this by shutting down the phone, taking out the battery, putting it back in and turning it on again. A guy on the xda forums showed me the method and it worked first time.

Let me know if it works for you guys.

Tried, still the same... can you link to your post on XDA?

Got around this issue by instlling opendesire. Decied to try a few other roms and i have found that any sense rom has the same issue. Any ideas folks? Im pretty much stuck on one rom unless i can get this sorted. Next step is to go back to stock and return the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

There is a widget that you can download called "Car Mode" (where it will automatically answer in spreakwe when ur driving) - maybe download it and then try toggling it on/off - might fix ur problem

crapmanjoe wrote: »
    There is a widget that you can download called "Car Mode" (where it will automatically answer in spreakwe when ur driving) - maybe download it and then try toggling it on/off - might fix ur problem

That is worth a try but it didnt work for me. I ended up selling my desire. Great phone but the apps are real bad. It was like having a PS3 and only having PS1 games to put into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Keanosmagic

im looking at an upgrade......is the desire any good at all

im looking at an upgrade......is the desire any good at all

Depends what you are looking for in a phone. You can't buy apps (you can with a uk sim) , even if you could there is nothing good to buy. The 2 top games are solitaire and tic tac toe.

There is no doubt that it is a great bit of kit, great camera, great widgets and android is a savge os.

As I said before, it depends what you want from your phone.

crapmanjoe wrote: »

Tried all of the above and still no joy. Will go back to stock and return the phone i think

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Depends what you are looking for in a phone. You can't buy apps (you can with a uk sim) , even if you could there is nothing good to buy. The 2 top games are solitaire and tic tac toe.
    everyone who uses it on here just roots it and uses the apps then for free and stuff.. its what i will do, just waiting for three to get the damn phone in stock

kenyard wrote: »
    everyone who uses it on here just roots it and uses the apps then for free and stuff.. its what i will do, just waiting for three to get the damn phone in stock

you can get apps illegally without rooting. Thats not really the point of rooting really. Being able to get paid apps, removing adds, Backup and restore functions, processor management, cleaner custom roms, proper apps to SD etc are the reasons people root IMO

Advertisement