Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get album art to display in android

Options
  • 01-05-2010 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭

Say I have a ripped copy of the album I bought yesterday, how do I get the album art to display in my android coverflow?

Ta,

Inq

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

Album art is embedded in MP3s using the ID3 tags I think. Programs that rip CDs generally download the album art automatically. I know iTunes for example does this.

If the album art is there, the Music application displays it automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I use the 3 player. It finds the album art to match the songs and downloads it. It's in the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

What phone/media player are you using?
    Different music players can get it in different way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

HTC Desire with HTC Android 2.1 Stock ROM

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Using 'Realplayer' you can edit clip/track info like title, artist, album name etc. etc. including album art. Just find the album cover online and save it to your computer. You can then just attach it to the desired songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭flynnduism

I use the 3 player. It finds the album art to match the songs and downloads it. It's in the menu.

I second this, best music player app by miles. Lovely and slick

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

3 player?where is it in the menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

go into market /apps/multimedia - its a couple of pages down "3 - Filipe Abrantes"
    yabadabado wrote: »
    3 player?where is it in the menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Thanks for the tip,

I've downloaded the player (its 3 as in cubed). Deffo recommend it, it got all my album art. When using the player, press and hold on the 'art' and it brings up about 10 alternative pics from the net.

The player itself is cool, yo spin a cube of your album art to select your music.

Cheers for the tip, deffo recommend this player.

Go Team!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Cheers, this 3 or cubed player is deadly!
    Anyone know how to edit id3 tags on the phone? like artist/album. One of my albums is missing it and 3 even still got the album art haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

+1 for the cubed player. Both the app and widget look so much better then the default player on the Nexus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I've only seen a video of 3 player on youtube. It looks cool but in the video I saw you could only flick your music by album. So if I have 25 Beatles albums and wanted to get to the next artist I would have to go through them all. Can you browse your music by Artist?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Yes, you can browse by artist.

Great app BTW, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

+1 for the ³ or "cubed" player. It can read album art from the ID3 tags by default, and allows you to set the art to images it finds on the Internet. You can also build up a queue of tracks to play as well as manage more persistent playlists.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I also got the itag and MP3 Search applications from the market to alter any tag details to make searching easier and download music.

Advertisement