Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dental concern about my crown

• 31-10-2014 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi, I'm hoping someone here in the dental field can help me with this.

I had root canal treatment a few months ago on one of my back teeth. I was recommended to have a crown also.

I had my first appointment for the crown about 2 weeks ago where my dentist took the required impressions of all my teeth which would be sent to the lab. When finished, the dentist fitted me with a temporary crown.

Anyway, all was fine with that and I had the second part of the procedure yesterday where the dentist was supposed to fit the permanent crown. She drilled away the temporary crown but when the nurse handed her my crown the dentist said that this was not my crown and on looking at the bag - there was someone else's name on it......

To get to the point of the story - she just filled what was left of the tooth. The front and back part of the tooth have been paired down in preparation for the crown.

I am now left with just a stub of a tooth with a hole at the front and back. I am not in any pain at all, but I am literally terrified to put anything into my mouth or even brush the teeth in that area in case I cause any damage.

I am wondering if the tooth is safe like this? Am I at any risk of something bad happening to it? I feel myself that there should be something protecting the tooth like the temporary crown I had before, but I'm not sure if I'm over-reacting.

I am so worried so hopefully someone on boards can give me some advice..

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement