Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bank Holiday Monday

• 03-05-2015 7:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Bank holiday weekends are the best (for those not working) it's great to have Monday off. Even though the weather is crap, you got any good plans? I'm in Kinsale, gorgeous part of Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have every Monday off then work tues - sat. Even though I still work 5 days it always feels like a short week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Shandashey wrote: »
    Bank holiday weekends are the best (for those not working) it's great to have Monday off. Even though the weather is crap, you got any good plans? I'm in Kinsale, gorgeous part of Ireland

Trying to finish my decking and garden. I'm fairly busy all the time so yesterday was/would have been a golden opportunity to get it done but no, had to rain all day long.
    Looks like I'll be doing it today ( after midday possibly to not annoy the neighbours ) and hopefully get the gas BBQ back on the decking and salvage what's left of the weekend, the forecast isn't too bad from here on in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Was sick yesterday but am up and at em today. Need to get out of the house, stir crazy! A trip up the dublin mountains beckons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Love Bank holidays. Although they seem to be under threat in the UK with some banks opening on a bank holiday for the first time in 144 years. If banks open then that'll quickly spread to other types of businesses. Hope it doesn't happen here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Working 9 to 8 tomorrow. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Shandashey wrote: »

Probably nuts down there with the Kinsale 7s on, is it?

Heroditas wrote: »
    Probably nuts down there with the Kinsale 7s on, is it?

Was just going to say. Right craic I'd imagine. A bit jealous!!!

I'm in the not so sunny south east.

I only have a three day week next week \o/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Tiling in my own house today and tomorrow , I've only been putting it off since last september

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just another Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Just another Monday.

Manic.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Split shift tomorrow, 8.30-12.30 and then back in 5-10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

It's my birthday on the Monday! :D

So I suppose I'll sit inside and cry while I eat an entire cake :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

I'll be at work, but at least there will be less traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

deise08 wrote: »
    Working 9 to 8 tomorrow. :(
    :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's snooker time. Go on Murphy my son!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I never work Mondays..

One of the few advantages of being a hairdresser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'm looking forward to a lie-in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Working from 11 to to 11 with no break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

In bed, sick. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Larianne wrote: »
    In bed,..... :(

Tell me more.....

Asl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Makes the week go quicker, 3 day weekend followed by a 4 day week, if only it could be like this all the time.. bliss.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Read & continue to be a source of amusement to the cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Manic.

I wondered who'd come in with that obvious one.

No, never manic. I'm retired so all Mondays are like a bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Thespoofer wrote: »
    Trying to finish my decking and garden. I'm fairly busy all the time so yesterday was/would have been a golden opportunity to get it done but no, had to rain all day long.
    Looks like I'll be doing it today ( after midday possibly to not annoy the neighbours ) and hopefully get the gas BBQ back on the decking and salvage what's left of the weekend, the forecast isn't too bad from here on in.

Cancel that. Raining still here. Anyway the missus reckons I need to relax and do nothing which I have a problem doing in general, relaxing that is.

I'll do it tomorrow, gonna go gardenballistic.

Advertisement